ISO Burlington County EMS Squad #'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where I can get a list of Burlington's EMS Squad #'s ? I checked the Wiki on this site and none are listed. Thanks and Happy New Year. :)

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
Joe,

From the information you posted I am drawing the following conclusion. When EMS is requested the dispatcher hits the fire tones and requests the BLS associated with that Station. Is this correct ?

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The majority of squads are seperate from the FDs. The EMS units have their own tones, the exception to that is Hainesport Stas 391/399.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
Jeff, What I am trying to find out is if the EMS Squad numbers match up with the FD Station #s. There is no listing for Burlington County EMS squads No's.

An example is here in Ocean County, Station 38 is Pine Beach Fire Co. and Squad 38 is Stafford Twsp EMS Squad. Even though they share the same # they are located 20 miles apart and have nothing to do with one another. From the information I received from Joe's post and after visiting the website mentioned, I understand that Burlington County Fire Department and EMS Squad share the same Station Identification numbers. This is all I want to know.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The FDs and squads will have the same first two digits for the municiplaity they are in, the FDs will have the lower third digit, the squads the higher third digit. Fourth digit indicates type of vehicle. Ex: Medford Township is district 25, FDs are Stas 251 and 252, squad is Sta 258. Third digit: FDs run from 1 to 6, EMS from 7 to 9, there are some exceptions. Joe Cardani's Philly Scanner Guide has a full listing.

nickm800

Jeff, What I am trying to find out is if the EMS Squad numbers match up with the FD Station #s. There is no listing for Burlington County EMS squads No's.

An example is here in Ocean County, Station 38 is Pine Beach Fire Co. and Squad 38 is Stafford Twsp EMS Squad. Even though they share the same # they are located 20 miles apart and have nothing to do with one another. From the information I received from Joe's post and after visiting the website mentioned, I understand that Burlington County Fire Department and EMS Squad share the same Station Identification numbers. This is all I want to know.

You are correct! Example: Moorestown fire Station 311, 312 and 313 (Lenola) Squad 319 and 318(Lenola)

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
Each town in BurlCo is assigned a district number.

For instance Westampton is District 27. Police, Fire and EMS all use 27 as their district "identifier" so to speak.

For the Fire Departments, the fire houses are numbered after the District number. I'll keep with the Westampton example:

The Fire Department in Westampton is Station 272......27 for the district and number 2 for that specific station. The station numbers usually arent reassigned, there used to be a 271 and 273 (they were both in Rancocas and are now disbanded).

The EMS stations in the same town still use the District number, but their stations are 7, 8 or 9. Again, in Westampton the EMS side of the firehouse is 278.

Engines, Ladders, Rescues and Ambulances are also numbered - after the district number and station number.

Engine 2721 (District 27) (Station 2) Apparatus 1 - 27-2-1.......There is a theory behind the numbering the individual apparatuses, but I dont want to confuse you so we'll stop it here.

Ambulances follow suit 2781 ----- District 27, Station 8, Ambulance 1.......Theres a 2781, 2782 and 2783 presently.

The Chiefs and line officer's numbers vary from Dept to Dept, but they all follow the District number first.

Let me know if you want the Police radio explanation.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.