ISP D-18 Silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryp2nite26

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening to ISP District 18 for a few years now with no problems. Haven't listened in a couple months and wanted to try last night. But there was nothing but silence. Did they change something?

nick223

Feed Provider
Check in the database maybe they changed frequencies. I know over this way they changed the Streator tower frequencies and a few other towers around here.

cubn

Database Admin
Could they be patched with another district so you'll hear them being dispatched on another district's talkgroup? I've noticed that with D14 and D20 before.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
Are you listening on STARCOM21, or conventional frequencies? District 18 is dispatched by the District 11 center in Collinsville, but they are on the District 18 talkgroups on STARCOM21.

Reactions: TGP

kryp2nite26

Premium Subscriber
Have been listening to them on Starcom21 dispatched out of Collinsville for years. Until a few days ago.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Have you tried listening to the D-11 talkgroups? Since they are dispatched by D-11 they may have just switched directly there instead of running patches.

You can also try putting the scanner into Trunked Search to see if perhaps they are on a new talkgroup.

flubber2007

Feed Provider
I forgot to mention, they are dispatched by D11 but they do not share the same talkgroups. The communication center talks to 11 on their talkgroup 17000 and they talk to D18 on their talkgroup 17009.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Just curious do you know how many troopers are usually on duty, In the past I have heard some of the smaller manpower district dispatchers tell a county they had no troopers on duty because of them being in training In Springfield. I have not heard that for a while or they don't advertise the fact over the radio anymore.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I recall on a trip to far southern Illinois hearing some 101 checks where District 22 had 2 troopers for the entire district and one of them was only there till 1200, leaving one trooper for the entire district for the rest of the shift. "No items for Summary" was pretty common down there. I don't know if they still do 101 Checks and Summaries on SC21 these days or not though, it is probably all done thru the CAD system. Remember the old TIPS system? How about SCMODS?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
That's right, I never hear the "Summary" anymore only the sector assignments up here in D-5.....

flubber2007

Feed Provider
I normally hear at least 3 to 5 at night... quit a few during the day. They had 2 k9 but lost one to d9 about a month ago. Macoupin or Litchfield PD have K9 that assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.