ISP Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

Does ISP still have troopers on motorcycles during the summer? It dawned on me this week that I haven't heard an "MP" unit in long time.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Now that you mention it I don't think I've seen any either on my travels this year. Used to see them all the time inside 465 on 70 running laser..

west-pac

I saw a bunch of motorcycle cops leading the Pence motorcade on I65 this summer. Don't know if they were ISP or Metro Pd.
I'm not surprised to see that for special details. ISP use to have troopers patrolling on motorcycles for their normal weekly shifts though; that's what I haven't seen or heard in a while.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I saw a ISP Motor Speed Trap set up a few times this summer. They had like 6 of them lined up on an overpass, one a mile or so up from the overpass running radar, another on the other side a mile down doing same. They were replaced by patrol cars the next time I saw the "Speed Enforcement" set up a couple of weeks later. Both the ISP and IMPD Motors were using the IDPSC S1 Tacs for the speed traps. Found that interesting. Probably a joint thing they had going. But recently, I have only seen IMPD Motors doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.