ISP Not Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else have a problem with getting booted off line for anywhere between a minute and maybe ten minutes, then getting the connection back again? It seems since my cable was repaired and the feed went full time that I get thrown off line two or three times a day, which is annoying as hell because I've been getting more and more listeners. Someone have any clue, let me know!
I run the Putnam County Sheriff feed in NYS, and my provider is Scamcast...er, I mean, Comcast.

richtidd

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Anyone else have a problem with getting booted off line for anywhere between a minute and maybe ten minutes, then getting the connection back again? It seems since my cable was repaired and the feed went full time that I get thrown off line two or three times a day, which is annoying as hell because I've been getting more and more listeners. Someone have any clue, let me know!
I run the Putnam County Sheriff feed in NYS, and my provider is Scamcast...er, I mean, Comcast.
A change of port may help.
See here: Broadcasting Software - The RadioReference Wiki

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I know we live near each other. I left the same cable company for Verizon DSL a few years ago and haven't had any problems. It worked out to be less costly, as well.

VFN05

Hi Kieran,

I had a similar problem with my ISP (Cox Communications) in this area. In my case, whenever I was streaming, my modem would "lock up" around 3 A.M. The low tech solution was to place a 120 volt light timer on my modem and router. Around 2:30 each morning it powers off for a few minutes and then reboots the router. It isn't the best solution, but it works for me until I find a better solution.

Just an idea..I hope this helps.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.