ISP R3 Feed to replace Nampa PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdaScan

Premium Subscriber
I'm floating the idea of replacing my Nampa PD Primary and Ch B feed with an ISP Region 3 feed... At this point we're a couple of weeks away from NPD making the switch to the 700 MHz system which will silence the analog-only feed I maintain.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Lt51506

IHP would be nice, as well as what little you can get for Boise PD & Ada County Sheriff. Is it even possibly to LiveStream the 700 stuff?

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
IHP would be nice, as well as what little you can get for Boise PD & Ada County Sheriff. Is it even possibly to LiveStream the 700 stuff?
The 700 MHz (unencrypted) can be done if one has a digital scanner.

Dave

IdaScan

Premium Subscriber
I can definitely do the ISP stuff as it's still analog conventional UHF.

Ada Co and Boise are all on the 700 MHz Digital system which I can't monitor at this point.

Nampa PD is migrating to 700 MHz Digital, hence the loss of the feed :(

Also considered throwing some ham stuff on to another feed now that my ISP bumped me up to a 3 meg upstream but I'm running out of scanners and not entirely sure on if there would be enough interest.

For me, the Nampa feed was great as I work in Nampa for a utility but can't monitor them from inside my office... Something to do with the bonded copper mesh in the walls :)

IdaScan

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking at this point of going with Shafer Primary as the main channel on the feed with either ION, Shaw or VAC as a secondary in scan; keeping Shafer as the priority mode.

Thoughts?

Lt51506

The Ham feeds would be good, provided there is enough traffic to warrent the effort. I've been here for over a year and have yet to hear anyone on 2m. MilAir would be another idea, considering Oregon's visiting F-15's seem to have in-flight problems about twice a week, but, I think they'll be going back to their home base here soon.

IdaScan

Premium Subscriber
The Ham feeds would be good, provided there is enough traffic to warrent the effort. I've been here for over a year and have yet to hear anyone on 2m. MilAir would be another idea, considering Oregon's visiting F-15's seem to have in-flight problems about twice a week, but, I think they'll be going back to their home base here soon.
Unfortunately the ham stuff around here is pretty light other than the rag chews during the day and the constant CWID every 9 minutes on a number of VHF repeaters (which may or not necessarily comply with Part 97 as a repeater station)... But that's a whole other story lol..

I do have MilAir capabilities that I can plug in on one of the scanners... I can copy FAA on Squaw Butte full scale without an antenna in the house, just none of the aircraft... An external antenna for that particular radio would help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.