ISP Restructuring for 2023 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I think you're on to something about the Dist. 15 units ;) Heard the former 15-175 (RID 15175/16175) go 10-41 as "3-249" on Troop 3 Southwest and say that his "portable still has a District 15 ID"
I don't know if you caught the patrol assignments, but Troop 3 had up to S-13, M-6, N-6 and heard S-19, M-8, N-8, and these are new. Probably new Tollway patrol numbers, but will take some additional listening to confirm.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if you caught the patrol assignments, but Troop 3 had up to S-13, M-6, N-6 and heard S-19, M-8, N-8, and these are new. Probably new Tollway patrol numbers, but will take some additional listening to confirm.
I can confirm N-8 (Nora-8) is a "new" Tollway Patrol assignment. 3-400 (the old 3-471) was assigned to that patrol when he went 10-41. Due to a car fire at 31 South on I 294, no one was available for a 10-46 south on 294. The dispatcher said she'd have the Nora-8 car cover it and 3-400 was called. It was picked up by another trooper though.

The "old" Troop 15 cars (We can now call them old/former) are being updated in MACH so they are seen as Troop 3 Radio ID's per the 3-SW dispatcher.

What is MACH you might ask?

"Mobile Architecture for Communications Handling (MACH) software."

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

I can confirm N-8 (Nora-8) is a "new" Tollway Patrol assignment. 3-400 (the old 3-471) was assigned to that patrol when he went 10-41. Due to a car fire at 31 South on I 294, no one was available for a 10-46 south on 294. The dispatcher said she'd have the Nora-8 car cover it and 3-400 was called. It was picked up by another trooper though.

The "old" Troop 15 cars (We can now call them old/former) are being updated in MACH so they are seen as Troop 3 Radio ID's per the 3-SW dispatcher.

S-19 is now confirmed as the "old Troop 15" Zone 5 (Interstate 355 south). Oak Brook is still currently dispatching Tollway assignments but a mix of "old" Troop 15 and "new" Troop 3 radio signatures in use.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
15-171 (Car 171) is showing a radio ID of 1006485 this morning while patrolling the tollway this morning. I'll assume that radio reprogramming will be taking place after the changeover so might be a mix of old and new for awhile so keep those pens and papers handy!

What remains to be seen is what talkgroups will be utilized. Since Chicago has been heard on TGID 9098/9099 in the past, they do have access at the dispatch consoles and the possibility of remaining on these channels with a new channel name?
We'll know more in the coming days.

Seems that Troop 3 (at least North and Southwest) are "changing car numbers" as of noon today. At least that's what the dispatcher said on 3 Southwest ;) For example, 3-71 (RID 1006287/1106287) is now 3-97 and 3-220 (RID 1007051/1107051) is now 3-312.

Be prepared for confusion in Troop 3 in the coming days ;)

They're "slotting in" by seniority to make room for Troop 15 troopers would be my guess.

I think you're on to something about the Dist. 15 units ;) Heard the former 15-175 (RID 15175/16175) go 10-41 as "3-249" on Troop 3 Southwest and say that his "portable still has a District 15 ID"

S-19 is now confirmed as the "old Troop 15" Zone 5 (Interstate 355 south). Oak Brook is still currently dispatching Tollway assignments but a mix of "old" Troop 15 and "new" Troop 3 radio signatures in use.
Noticing this morning "old" Troop 15 radio signatures no longer using the "Car xxx" call signs, but instead are using the full "15-xxx" on the tollway talkgroups (9098,9099). I'm going to guess the tollway radio lab is going to be very busy in the coming weeks to update the radio ID's to the "normal" structure. I'm seeing some 100xxxx/110xxxx radio ID's with the Troop 3 radio signatures, while those not "updated in MACH" are still using the 15-xxxx radio ID's/signatures. Hearing Troop 3 troopers on the tollway, and hearing "old" Troop 15 troopers on Chicago expressways.

The patrols are now affiliated with Troop 3 (N-North/M-Middle/S-South) followed by the patrol number. I have heard "attention Zone x units", and believe this is more out of habit.

It was previously reported that Troop 3-Chicago Telecommunicators will be dispatching tollway incidents and the Oak Brook-Telecommunicators will only dispatch maintenance. So far the information on the disbandment of Troop 15 has rung true (Hahaha...News Years Day joke!), I'll assume this will eventually happen too. As of this moment, Oak Brook is still dispatching troopers.

Status
Not open for further replies.