ISP Shots Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
2/20/2012 19:36:

Versailles unit 42-37 attempting a traffic stop I65/US 50 in Seymour had a suspect shoot at him, trooper returned fire. Trooper is OK, unknown on suspect. Foot pursuit now in progress.

Traffic on ISP 42-DISP and 36-SPD-DISP.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Hey SF, Just wanted to say thanks for the heads-up. I was able to monitor a lot of this thanks to your post. You guys who regularly post to the "IN. Breaking News" thread really do a great job keeping everyone in the know.

Have a great night!

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Suspect still at large. Helicopter in route, as well as ERT. Traffic moved to M-MA1.
My live feed captured this. My feed archives has all the audio from 7:26 pm on. 11minutes 52 seconds into 7:26pm start feed you'll hear "shots fired!"

W9NES

Person who shot at the ISP Trooper had just been released from Jail and had a criminal record for armed robbery.Fish had a 9MM handgun with him in the car before the ISP Unit made the stop.

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Sounds like they found this guy 10-0 not far from the scene. They had the copter up and spotted him.

W9NES

Indiana State Police have confirmed that the body they have found is FISH. Subject was involved in taking shot at a Female Indiana State Trooper on Monday 2-20-2012

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I think that's what the news article posted right above you said Tim.

And it wasn't a female Trooper. It was a male.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
My feed also captured the discovery of the body today around 1:50pm ish
5min:20sec into the feed "1:42 pm - 2:13pm"is when the helicopter reports the dark shirt and kacky pants white male subject in the weeds North side of the railroad tracks west of the interstate.

Last edited:

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Indiana State Police have confirmed that the body they have found is FISH. Subject was involved in taking shot at a Female Indiana State Trooper on Monday 2-20-2012
It was a male State Trooper who yelled "Shots Fired" and later said "He shot at me and then I shot at him"

W9NES

ScannerFreak(Steve) You might want to read the story on WHAS ABC 11. The story you posted from channel 8 did not say Anything about the US Marshalls Task Force being called to the scene by Indiana State Police. Thank You del1964 for the update. The Infomation that I had was it was a Female Trooper who was assgined to Jackson County who tried to make the traffic stop.ISP did confirm that the body found was that of the subject by the last name of FISH. ISP said this was the person and not the Jackson County. Coroners Office.*The Coroners office will be doing a autopsy in Louisville,KY on Friday to determine the cause of death* Then the Jackson County Coroner will identify the body and make sure that the body that was found is FISH.*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.