ISPERN & IFERN UHF simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgbrengel

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if DUCOM is no longer operating the UHF simulcast of ISPERN and IFERN? I haven't been receiving any radio traffic on these channels for several days now.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I don't know about the ISPERN Patch on 470.4375 but I hear the IFERN Patch on 470.3625 just fine. I have a BC15 set up on it to monitor MABAS calls and it went off several times over the last day or two.

tgbrengel

Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard a peep on the IPSERN patch at all for the last few days at work. Usually it's very active.

ilgrant

There was some kind of annoying interference on ISPERN that sounded similar to cable TV interference. They might have shut it down just for that.

tgbrengel

Premium Subscriber
Just a wild guess, but would the rebroadcast have been taken down will that new house bill which prohibits the rebroadcast of State Police communications? Still nothing today on the channel.

N9JIG

Sheriff
No, because that portion of the bill covered Internet rebroadcast, not licensed public safety radio simulcasts.

The bill that ended up being passed did not include the rebroadcast section anyway, it only prohibits transmitting on StarCom21 without authorization.

Status
Not open for further replies.