ISPERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC9BX

IIRC 67.0 PL is what's used to access Starcom patch. Everything else should be 156DPL or CSQ.

As per the Illinois EMA field operations guide and Statewide Interop Plan ISPERN is supposed to use DPL 156 for transmit and nothing for receive.

VHF is patched to Starcom at the ISP district coms center. As far as I know it's either CSQ or DPL 156.

It's possible there's other tones being used either in error or for special purposes.

AC9BX

Most if not all ISPERN messages from Du Page county's UHF patch are clear with mobile relay with certain agencies. The VHF ISPERN 155.475 is usually one sided dispatch unless the action is nearby.

This is one reason to monitor through something with an ISPERN patch. District 5 has a big tower. I have a little telescopic whip on the back of the radio. They hear mobiles much easier than I do. However, sometimes the patch is worse. Will County's EDACS for example has the squelch set way too low and you frequently hear hash over their trunk.

N9JIG

Sheriff
As per the Illinois EMA field operations guide and Statewide Interop Plan ISPERN is supposed to use DPL 156 for transmit and nothing for receive.

VHF is patched to Starcom at the ISP district coms center. As far as I know it's either CSQ or DPL 156.

It's possible there's other tones being used either in error or for special purposes.

That is correct, but 67.0 is actually used by ISP to control activation of the SC21 ISPERN patches, that is why it shows up on their transmissions.

I always suggest listeners program their scanners with either no PL/DPL or in Search Mode for these channels due to the multiple tones used, either by design or improper programming.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
That's the new PL in Chicago district and it seems to be 79.7 in the Rockford area.....

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I saw the 79.7 on a District 16 ISPERN Broadcast, But the signal strength seem stronger than a Dist. 16 transmitter should be. I will have to monitor more. But maybe each Dispatch Center will have a different tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.