ISS flyover

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
I didn't really have any time to setup for this event, but there will always be another flyover of the ISS. I set up this morning just before 0600am to try and get a good look as the ISS as it flew directly over my house from 0603-0610. I had the truck scanner, a BCT15X with an Austin Spectra antenna mounted on the roof listening in. I was able to hear a few APRS signals on 145.825mhz before I ran back over to my scope and camera.

I used these two sites to track the ISS ISS observation ISSTracker ~ Real-Time Location Tracking of the International Space Station

This is a real fun target to try to capture and listen to, and the BCT15X receives it just fine. I posted pics over here -> http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...-another-plus-austin-spectra.html#post2187450

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I use LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS to track. It will also show you the predictions for your area to see the ISS. I use it as well to identify when it will be overhead, visible or not, to blast some APRS data.

I saw the photographs and that is pretty bright. The magnitude has been rather significant after they added those additional solar arrays.

wtp

think small

i have heard them with my 396t and a radio shack 800mhz antenna.
i use the amsat page myself nasa's hsf is useless the only good thing about it is the red circle to show how far it can be seen/heard. but the time is way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.