ISS on 143.625?

Status
Not open for further replies.

empireco

Heard a strange transmission today on 143.625 today that consisted of a female doing a count down test with a male that is rumored to be the ISS (female) talking to Houston! A friend told me there was a thread on FB about it. At the time I thought it was tropo as I had the freq. in as a CAP one in use in KY and have never heard anything on it before.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
143.625 MHz 'VHF-1' is definitely still in use by the ISS during spacewalks and resupply mission docking. I have a few recordings saved from as recently as October and November of this year, with Russian and English language being spoken, and a constant carrier as if it's a broadcast.

It's very rare to hear activity on the frequency. I've been monitoring it since the late 1990s.

Here's a test broadcast that my TRX-2 recorded back in August of 2019. The first few moments are dead air so wait for the audio. It's worth it!

Right-click on the link below and select 'save as' to save it to your computer and play back, as my DSL is 5mb upload and it will probably buffer and pause a lot if you try to play it direct from the link.

spacellamaman

Heard a strange transmission today on 143.625 today that consisted of a female doing a count down test with a male that is rumored to be the ISS (female) talking to Houston! A friend told me there was a thread on FB about it. At the time I thought it was tropo as I had the freq. in as a CAP one in use in KY and have never heard anything on it before.

good catch! it certainly beats the CAP boys.

it's pretty rare to catch, but certainly worth the hassle keeping the longshots programmed and running

bout crapped my pants the first time i heard a rooskie, and on a non 145mhz freq

tho it could have been a call between general buck and his secretary...

pittsville

Many years ago I heard some Russians on this frequency and they had Pink Floyd music playing in the background.

ecps92

PL/DPL would confirm more if Analog
NAC would be needed for P25

You must have been in a good location, that would be the input to 148.1375 and with the issues in Texas, I would be the CAP [Civil Air Patrol] was authorized a Recon Mission [Photos] or was running a High Bird [Repeater in the Sky]

spacellamaman

Many years ago I heard some Russians on this frequency and they had Pink Floyd music playing in the background.
hmmmm that doesn't make any sense....Ideologically sound Russians (as all cosmonauts must be) would probably find The Wall to have a distinctly anti-authoritarian edge to it. Some might even say it has overtones of anti-communism....

plus everyone knows the Russians love the Beatles:

or at least Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.