• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Issues programming CDM750 using Chirp and CPS

jbesedic

Feed Provider
I have two CDM750 that I want to program. I can get into Chirp with no issues and put the radio in the ham band using Waris module.

The issue is the CPS version R06.12.02 or R06.12.09 will not read the radio. I've tried loading the sample file and writing to it but for some reason I cannot write the file.

To better explain it I created a video and posted it to youtube.com

If someone knows what I am doing wrong please reply. I've done with exact method for my CDM1550ls with no issues at all.

Here is a youtube video showing the issues
https://youtu.be/7PyIr0ibwBA

clbsquared

Why are you using CHIRP? I’ve never known a Motorola radio to be the least bit compatible with CHIRP. A simple hex edit within the Professional CPS is all you need to go out of band. With that said, your eeprom probably needs to be replaced. The professional series radios have a limited number of times they can be programmed.

clbsquared

Actually, it sounds like you do have issues. But, that radio isn't supported by Chirp, so it's not surprising. I'd try using the OEM software.
I think it’s too late for OEM software. Looks like somehow CHIRP was able to jam in a lot of features that aren’t compatible with the CDM 750 radios. Trunking being one of them.

jbesedic

Feed Provider
Does anyone have a code plug for this CDM750 AAM25SKC9PW1AN radio? I know that there are samples in the folder but that is failing as well. I just want to see if a good working code plug that someone in this forum has would work

a417

you didn't save a known good one before you violated it with CHIRP?

If the samples aren't working, I'd be wondering if a firmware flash might save you...