Issues receiving Philly PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASFlies

Is anyone else having problems receiving the PPD district talk groups? I'm hearing all the activity on T Band, but not a peep on the districts? Trying to figure out what my issue is (listening on an SDS100). Thanks.

Dave

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
Same here. Although I have heard central and south bands relaying messages to J/M/T and making reference to district units using the radios. Perhaps they encrypted the district bands (TG). I also haven't seen activity as far as UID's are concerned on the district TG's.

DASFlies

Same here. Although I have heard central and south bands relaying messages to J/M/T and making reference to district units using the radios. Perhaps they encrypted the district bands (TG). I also haven't seen activity as far as UID's are concerned on the district TG's.

I had that thought, I guess they encrypted the districts. I guess the capability was in place but had not been turned on. I wonder if they will turn it back off...

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
When monitoring other encrypted systems such as Camden and Gloucester County NJ the TG's and UID's still populate on my SDS100 although I have those list turned off so not to waste time. Perhaps the PPD system has the ability to mask this? At first I thought it was just the city wide bands being too busy for the scanner to stop in the districts but after turning off the the city wide list it went silent. I did hear the radio techs conducting test earlier this morning on J/M/T.

vito123

Vito
Premium Subscriber
I have been listening to far northeast band and east band and T band, with my Unication,s and sds 200, all are working, I know all phone apps have been dropped and they are using Mdt,s for sensitive calls, so Divisional bands have slowed some.

phillydjdan

All district talkgroups are functioning as normal. They may be quiet at times but they're there...

noacoh

Premium Subscriber
I am having this problem too with the district level stuff not coming through. Doubt it's encryption since the phone apps are clear. Specifically I am not hearing North-Central Division 22 district.

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
I am not hearing the radio car side (if any) of the transmission. I hear the console (band dispatch) side. In my case this issue has been since my last post.
I am hearing a lot of reference on J/M/T bands regarding a phone app and containing DC numbers which are the report numbers generated for an incident (my understanding). Has PPD implemented an app to receive calls in lieu of a vehicle MDT?

DASFlies

I just figured this out - I accidentally put the SDS100 on 'SITE HOLD' , so for the last week or so it was stuck on the Zone 1 (Fire/EMS) system. That's why I was only hearing police citywide TGs which transmit on both systems. For anyone who might encounter the same issue, holding FUNC and DEPT buttons turns site hold off, everything is working fine now...

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
I just figured this out - I accidentally put the SDS100 on 'SITE HOLD' , so for the last week or so it was stuck on the Zone 1 (Fire/EMS) system. That's why I was only hearing police citywide TGs which transmit on both systems. For anyone who might encounter the same issue, holding FUNC and DEPT buttons turns site hold off, everything is working fine now...
Same issue here, except for whatever reason I only imported Zone 1. Thanks for the heads up.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
The usual districts talkgroups were very quiet a few weeks ago but I believe that was due to the fact that the police were ordered not to respond a lot of crimes like live stops, drug offenses and many more illegal activities... And that most of the officers were dispatched to deal with the roaming protestors & rioters.
The individual district talkgroups are starting to liven up lately but most of the traffic is still on the Emergency, Administrative & Traffic Ops talkgroups.

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
The usual districts talkgroups were very quiet a few weeks ago but I believe that was due to the fact that the police were ordered not to respond a lot of crimes like live stops, drug offenses and many more illegal activities... And that most of the officers were dispatched to deal with the roaming protestors & rioters.
The individual district talkgroups are starting to liven up lately but most of the traffic is still on the Emergency, Administrative & Traffic Ops talkgroups.
As previously noted my issue was a setup / import issue. I inadvertently skipped the zone 2 control site which does not include the radio side of the districts on the desk or dispatch side. It was my error completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.