Issues tracking Troop E CSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledscan89

Premium Subscriber
I have both a Uniden Bearcat 996T and a RadioShack Pro 106. Both are digital, and in the past, I had no issues tracking any of the CSP sites. A few months ago, I noticed I'm missing transmissions, especially on Troop E's dispatch channel, (CH 37). This mostly happens after someone talks and the person answering lets the signal stop for a second before answering, the scanner tries to track the talkgroup and pick the transmission back up, but the channel either blinks on and off, or stays on the channel and shows signal but there's no audio in either case. This happens on both radios, and I've tried every setting I can think of to fix this. Does anyone have any ideas? It's really becoming quite annoying..

Thanks in advance for the help.

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
This definitely sounds like a rebanding issue. Have you updated the firmware and set CSP as a rebanded system?

ledscan89

Premium Subscriber
I'm running 3.02.00 on the 996T, I think that's the most recent. I overhauled the scanners after the rebanding took place and reprogrammed all of the CSP in to it..

Is there a setting I could be missing? I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this issue, but it seems odd that both radios would do it.

scanningisfun

I'm running 3.02.00 on the 996T, I think that's the most recent. I overhauled the scanners after the rebanding took place and reprogrammed all of the CSP in to it..

Is there a setting I could be missing? I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this issue, but it seems odd that both radios would do it.

So you are saying you have the tables in the scanner and that the signal strength where you are is relatively good?

ledscan89

Premium Subscriber
Signal strength is good, I have the frequencies programmed in as are on here. Could it be something to do with the P25 wait time?

Also, as there's no band plan listed I believe they're set to default.

scanningisfun

Signal strength is good, I have the frequencies programmed in as are on here. Could it be something to do with the P25 wait time?

Also, as there's no band plan listed I believe they're set to default.

Tables as in rebanding tables. If the 'Site Controller' assigns a voice frequency on a splinter frequency without the table in your scanner, the scanner will go to the wrong voice frequency. Troop E simulcast has one splinter voice frequency and two 'general' voice frequencies. Splinter frequencies end with .025, .050, .075, etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-16 at 10.16.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-16 at 10.16.32 PM.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 230

scanningisfun

Search the wiki for 'Rebanding' to help you understand more.

For the 996T, just enter the following tables:

Band Plan 1: 851.0250 | 854.0000 | Offset 440 | + | 25 kHz

Band Plan 2: 851.0125 | 868.9875 | Offset 0 | + | 25 kHz

ledscan89

Premium Subscriber
Search the wiki for 'Rebanding' to help you understand more.

For the 996T, just enter the following tables:

Band Plan 1: 851.0250 | 854.0000 | Offset 440 | + | 25 kHz

Band Plan 2: 851.0125 | 868.9875 | Offset 0 | + | 25 kHz

For some reason I'm not able to find the "Edit Band Plan" option anywhere.

ledscan89

Premium Subscriber
Ah may have solved the mystery..I don't think the program was programmed as a "Custum" from the start, only as a P25..therefore it was using the default and wouldn't let you change the band plan. I popped in just E's site and put it on Search and put my Radioshack on wildcard, and the Uniden is picking up everything while the radioshack shows the same TGID with no audio.

scanningisfun

Ah may have solved the mystery..I don't think the program was programmed as a "Custum" from the start, only as a P25..therefore it was using the default and wouldn't let you change the band plan. I popped in just E's site and put it on Search and put my Radioshack on wildcard, and the Uniden is picking up everything while the radioshack shows the same TGID with no audio.

Sorry about that, I didn't know the 996T makes you put in the site type from the start. I guess the tables worked. Were the tables already put in when you selected Custom?

ledscan89

Premium Subscriber
Yes THANK YOU! You have no clue how long I've been trying to figure this thing out because I knew I wasn't crazy. Many thanks! Now to figure out how to change the band plan in the RadioShack Pro106. (The Uniden's storage setup is so much more logical).

Status
Not open for further replies.