ProScan: Issues with BCD536HP Wifi after 16.1 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've been having issues with my BCD536HP with Wifi dongle after the last 16.1 software update. I've seen the remote display lag, go blank and freeze on one channel. Reverting to 16.0 clears up the issue and I can run it happily for days.

I've got an SDS200 running on another Proscan instance and haven't experienced any problems with 16.1. It's connected via ethernet.

I notice that some tweaks were made to the SDS200/BCD536HP Wifi between 16.0 and 16.1 and am wondering if this has something to do with the issues I'm experiencing?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is it just one channel? Anything special or different about that channel? Does the other instance of ProScan connected to the SDS200 is using the same channel? Are you using RSOIP or Web Server?

The tweaks you're referring to is the whole RTSP audio method was rewritten. I'm not sure if this is an audio problem since it's just a particular channel. Also it seems to be more of a display problem then audio. The RTSP audio doesn't care or know about the channel characteristics. It just converts any audio on the input. Can you send me an email so I can send you a test file containing the old RTSP audio method to see if the issue resolves or not. Hopefully it doesn't resolve it so I can focus on other areas. Also putting the RTSP audio method back to the old way permanently
may resolves the issue for you but break it for others.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough in what was happening.

The computer that loses the display is the one hosting both instances of Proscan. Haven't tried to log in remotely to see if the display is still showing. 90% of the time the display blanks on the host computer. Never thought to try seeing if the audio is still there because the 536HP is located in the same room as the computer.

I have both RSOIP and the Webserver running on both instances.

The only difference in the two instances is one connects over WiFi and the other is over ethernet. I'll send you an email shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.