Issues With DSD Fastlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hung

Hello Everyone. Little bit new to everything, but learning more and more as i go. So for my Setup i have 2 - RTL-SDR Dongles, But for this purpose of fastlane, Let's Just say i have one. We are using VAC To take audio into Fastlane, Then out through the Speakers. The problem I'm running into after i put my control channel is is there's' either no decoded Audio with the primary Channel I selected, or if i open one of the other .Bat files i get raw unfilted Static Audio, and nobody wants that if your trying to listen to a decoded Signal. I have also setup UniTrunker to try that as well with just Regular DSD+, But it does not show much movement in the wave form, as it did when i ran it in SDRSharp. I assume that has something to do with Gain levels being able to be Adjusted higher then in DSDplus. If anymore Information is needed, other then what i have covered in this Post, please let me know and i'll try my best to Assist With getting it.

Attachments

• dsdfastlane.jpg
    dsdfastlane.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 34

Hung

Yes, Kr0sive is a good person. I've watched a lot of his videos. And I still have the same issue as explained above using this method.

Why not use FMP24 to tune & route the audio to DSD via TCP...?
Unsure what that is. But willing to learn or take a look into it if you could point me in the right direction. New to everything pretty much.

Hung

So we got everything setup correctly for P25 Trunking. And it works fine. Now i'm off to Decode some DMR. But i can't figure out how to decode the DMR. It starts to decode it when i put the freq into FMP24, But then throws an error about "No data for current site found in DSDPlus.frequencies file . and from that point i'm a little stumped. Thanks for the help thus far everyone!

Hung

Is there more to Tracking DMR or NEXEDGE Freq's, Then P25? Sure was easy just to grab a Primary Id, add it into the bat file, and the rest was auto populated.

Kazzaw

Database Admin
Yes, unfortunately DMR and NEXEDGE systems don't tell DSDPlus where to find the voice activity so they are required to be programmed in. DSDPlus help files and the forum has a heap of info that helped me get started

BM82557

You will have to manually edit the DSDPlus.frequencies file and add the correct info for DMR, TIII, NXDN --

Example of DMR from my file --

DMR, 0003, 1, 1, 463.6375, 0.0, 0 ; Loudoun County Schools Transportation West

Example of TIII from my file --

TIII, 1, 1.2, 103, 217.63125, 0.0, 0 ;Rappahannock Electric Cooperative

Example of NXDN 48 from my file --

NEXEDGE48, 428, 1, 1, 452.20000, 0.0, 1

As he said, read the files as it gives the format that DSDPlus needs --

; DSD+ frequency file
;
; you can edit this file while DSD+ is running
;
; line format:
;
; protocol, networkID, siteNumber, OTAchannelNumber, TXfrequency, RXfrequency, sortOrder
;
; for TIII, siteNumber format = area.site
;
;
; use site number = 0 for network-wide definition
;
; use 0.0 for unknown frequencies
;
; use sort order = 0 to sort by OTA channel number
;
;
; protocols:
;
; D-Star
; IDAS
; NEXEDGE48
; NEXEDGE96
; dPMR
; DMR
; Cap+
; Con+
; TIII
; P25
; ProVoice

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Yes, unfortunately DMR and NEXEDGE systems don't tell DSDPlus where to find the voice activity so they are required to be programmed in.

An exception to this statement are NEXEDGE Direct Frequency Assignment (DFA) systems. The DFA control channel passes along the voice channel information.

Status
Not open for further replies.