Issues with hearing MARCS in Auglaize County

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Well that didn't last unfortunately. It was 3 days on and now its 3 days off. Sure wish I understood what was happening.

If you're scanning Favorite lists you created yourself, you need to manually check them to make sure they're up to date. Favorite lists do not get updated when the master database in the scanner is updated, so if site data changed (control channels or what have you), it won't work on the Favorite list.

I have a 436 (and an HP1) and have to keep on top of the favorite lists, what with all the changes going on regularly right now. Once things are finished up and settled down, you may find that this kind of thing goes away, more or less.

Larkin71

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate that Tom, but its like I said, its not just me having that issue. If it was, I'd have a better understanding that its likely operator error on my part, but its widespread. I wonder if we'll all in this area just have to wait until spring?

SCPD

QRT
RE in and out reception

I am having an issue with MARCS IP with Clark County. Could it be the reception due to weather and leaves changing? I noticed last week with rain in the air, that Clark County was spotty while Mont County was the same. They are not an IP system as Clark County is. I've been told also the reception is worse in summer when leaves absorb the signal. Just earlier Clark had a call, I lost their signal even though I had 3- 4 bars, then a few minutes later its back with 5 bars and I pick up radio traffic. I don't like the IP but soon that may be all we will have. The old Marcs 853.9875 with Post 12 and Piqua area is always loud and clear always 5 bars yet with an outside Yagi pointed at Springfield to the west Im lucky to get Clark on 774.70625 at times, Go Figure!!

Larkin71

Premium Subscriber
I am starting to wonder if I need an outdoor antenna. I'm back to the scanner being a paperweight in the house, and worst of all, I am hearing Marcs activity on the App. Tells me the problem is on my end. Of course, when I head to work in a few minutes, I'll get everything I want to hear and then some, but come home, and I lose it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.