Issues with PG County System on Openmhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Just checking if anyone else has noticed that a lot of tranmissions aren't even being uploaded to Openmhz for Prince George's county? I noticed this only started either yesterday or Sunday. On the other hand, Montgomery County seems to be working just fine. Maybe there's some way to get in touch with the feed provider? It has always been a reliable way to play back the things I missed on my BCD996P2.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Just checking if anyone else has noticed that a lot of tranmissions aren't even being uploaded to Openmhz for Prince George's county? I noticed this only started either yesterday or Sunday. On the other hand, Montgomery County seems to be working just fine. Maybe there's some way to get in touch with the feed provider? It has always been a reliable way to play back the things I missed on my BCD996P2.
PG North seems to be working - not sure what type of radio is feeding it however because it's not the best quality. If it is a non-optimized scanner rather than a good quality SDR / software package, it could be missing transmissions.

If you want to hear good fire radio, listen to the Anne Arundel County feed - something is always going on, and the fire officers tell you what is happening....

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There seems to be an issue with OpenMHz affecting all systems at the moment. Load any of them and you'll only see a few transmissions. If you refresh, it wipes them all out and starts over.

not sure what type of radio is feeding it however because it's not the best quality. If it is a non-optimized scanner rather than a good quality SDR / software package, it could be missing transmissions.
OpenMHz requires an SDR running the OP25 based software Trunk Recorder; there is no option to use a scanner or radio or anything else.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
OpenMHz requires an SDR running the OP25 based software Trunk Recorder; there is no option to use a scanner or radio or anything else.
Good to know, so nothing like Proscan and a 996P2 could work? Not really not familiar with the requirements for OpenMhz; I guess I need to learn it.

Mr_Boh

It's developed by the same person (Luke Berndt) that makes Trunk Recorder. I am sure the API could probably accept calls in similar fashion to the Broadcastify calls program from other sources, but I highly doubt anyone is working on that. The software that powers OpenMHz is called Trunk Server, and you call pull the software yourself from GitHub.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
There seems to be an issue with OpenMHz affecting all systems at the moment. Load any of them and you'll only see a few transmissions. If you refresh, it wipes them all out and starts over.

I noticed that yesterday as well, however it seemed to fix for DC and Montgomery County, MD earlier today. Leads me to believe that it's an issue with the feed provider. However, overall I can say I have been very satisfied with the feed.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
It's developed by the same person (Luke Berndt) that makes Trunk Recorder. I am sure the API could probably accept calls in similar fashion to the Broadcastify calls program from other sources, but I highly doubt anyone is working on that. The software that powers OpenMHz is called Trunk Server, and you call pull the software yourself from GitHub.
Thanks for the link. I noticed however it seemed to be an issue with only this feed. One of my colleagues reached out to Luke and he provided contact info for the specific feed provider(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.