Issues with two trunk channels broadcasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajl379

I have a Uniden bcd536hp scanner and have it programmed to transmit the local police and ems but there are two channels that are not being picked up by the scanner, one is 5 miles away, the other maybe 10 to 12 miles away. I reprogrammed the scanner thinking I had too many frequencies for the scanner to go through, but that didn't help..

Any ideas what else could be going oin?

P.S. I have verified that the avoid was not selected for the two channels in question.

Thanks in advance for your time.

putterizer

I have a Uniden bcd536hp scanner and have it programmed to transmit the local police and ems but there are two channels that are not being picked up by the scanner, one is 5 miles away, the other maybe 10 to 12 miles away.

How do you have a scanner programmed to transmit?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Semantics of transmit, broadcast, etc. aside, if you don't identify the specific agencies (links to it in the database on this site, ideally) you'll generally get a bunch of irrelevant or incorrect replies.

ajl379

I am transmitting the police scanner to broadcastify.com as ProScan said.

To add more information, I have prioritized the two channels with the hopes of that helping to no avail.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
if you don't identify the specific agencies (links to it in the database on this site, ideally) you'll generally get a bunch of irrelevant or incorrect replies.

Or no reply at all.

ajl379

I used the Sentinel software to limit the talkgroups I want to receive, and have it quite limited.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok. But:
if you don't identify the specific agencies (links to it in the database on this site, ideally) you'll generally get a bunch of irrelevant or incorrect replies...or no reply at all.

ve1sef

I have a Uniden bcd536hp scanner and have it programmed to transmit the local police and ems but there are two channels that are not being picked up by the scanner, one is 5 miles away, the other maybe 10 to 12 miles away. I reprogrammed the scanner thinking I had too many frequencies for the scanner to go through, but that didn't help..

Any ideas what else could be going oin?

P.S. I have verified that the avoid was not selected for the two channels in question.

So, what trunk system are you trying to listen too?
I see you in Eden Prairie MN, so you'd be in Hennepin County?

Last edited:

ajl379

Yes, I am transmitting Hennepin county, I'm going to send the list of talk groups later.

ajl379

Here is my list of talkgroups I am scanning, the Minnetonka Police (10788) and the MPLS FD (3016) are the two frequencies I cannot receive.

Police Dispatch
Description Alpha Tag ID Number
Hennepin East Dispatch HC EAST DISP 10004
Hennepin North Dispath HC NORTH DISP 10002
Hennepin South Dispatch HC SOUTH DISP 10028
Edina-Golden Valley PD Disp EDIN PD DISP 10734
St. Louis Park PD Dispatch SLP PD DISP 10802
Minnetonka PD Dispatch MTKA PD DISP 10788
Eden Prairie Police Dispatch EP POLICE 11060
Carver County Sheriff and EMS CARVER CTY 2700
VAMC Police VAMC Police 11042

Minnesota State Patrol
West Metro Patrol SP WEST METRO 54
East Metro Patrol SP EAST METRO 74
St. Cloud Patrol ST.CLOUD PATROL 24052

Hennepin County Sheriff
Hennepin County Sheriff East HENN CTY EAST 10190
Hennepin County West HC WEST 10198 10198
Hennepin County West HC WEST 10112 10112

Fire Dispatch
Description Alpha Tag ID Number
Minneapolis Fire Dispatch MPLS FD 1 3016
Hennepin County Fire Dispatch HFIRE_1 10040
Blommingtion Fire Command BLMT FD COMMAND 10996
Bloomington Fire Dispatch BLMT FD DISP 10810
Richfeild Fire Dispatch RICH FD MAIN 11160
St. Louis Park Fire Dispatch SLP FD DISP 10804
Golden Valley Fire Dispatch GVLY FD DISP 10806
Eden Prairie Fire Dispatch EP FIRE MAIN 11092
Minnetonka Fire Dispatch MTKA FIRE DI 11064

ve1sef

Few more questions.
When scanning what is the name display on the System line?
When scanning what is the tower/site name displayed on the Department line?
How did you program the scanner. by hand, software, or the "Zip code" feature?

Last edited:

ajl379

Few more questions.
When scanning what is the name display on the System line?
When scanning what is the tower/site name displayed on the Department line?
How did you program the scanner. by hand, software, or the "Zip code" feature?

The System line says "Allied Radio Matrix For Emergency Response"
Site name is "Hennepin County - Bloomington (city name)"

I used the Sentinel software and only added the cities that I wanted to scan.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3508

I'm a Minneapolis native and visit there periodically. I try to keep up with this system, though admit my knowledge is just enough to make me dangerous. Also as a guy who would listen to this feed, THANK YOU!!

With that said, the Minnesota ARMER system is a complex system and a challenge to program. In Hennepin County, there are four sub-systems that are referred to as sites for programming purposes. (These sub-systems are linked to the main ARMER system.)

Those sites/sub-systems are Minneapolis City Center, Minneapolis NS, Hennepin East and Hennepin West. Talkgroups are "assigned" to certain sites.

It appears that you have Hennepin East programmed. Do you have other site/sub-systems?

Minneapolis FD (3016) is "assigned" (I'm keeping this simple for now) to the Minneapolis NS site/sub-system. Whether you can receive this site/sub-system in Eden Prarie is iffy - these sites are limited in their coverage footprint. (Also there may be an occasion to hear Minneapolis FD on Hennepin East, but only if a user "roams" into this area and communications are linked back to Minneapolis NS). Now if you can receive Minneapolis NS, I'd suggest adding Minneapolis Fire 3 talkgroup as that's the talkgroup they use for structure fires.

I'm not sure about Minnetonka PD, however. Hopefully someone with better local knowledge will jump in. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't use Hennepin West site/sub-system, however.

Again thanks for providing this feed!

Also, one last thought. You may consider adding Hennepin Fire 3 to your list of talkgroups (10024) as that's what they use on structure fires.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to feed. Heard a couple of calls for service for Minneapolis fire on mfd-1. Couldn't determine whether they were on Hennepin east due to a roaming situation.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Minnetonka no longer runs a PSAP, they are now on Hennepin South.

Yep, this is the correct answer. Minnetonka no longer does their own dispatching, they moved to Hennepin County. Minnetonka PD is now dispatched on the Hennepin South Main (10028). They are 62xx units. Minnetonka Fire is now dispatched on the Hennepin Fire Main (10040). As far as I know, TGIDs 10788 and 11064 are no longer in use unless they are using them for car-to-car/truck-to-truck or admin purposes.
As far as Minneapolis goes, you probably won't pick them up most of the time unless you're actually monitoring the Minneapolis site.

Last edited:

docdoowop

State Patrol

Here is my list of talkgroups I am scanning, the Minnetonka Police (10788) and the MPLS FD (3016) are the two frequencies I cannot receive.

Minnesota State Patrol
West Metro Patrol SP WEST METRO 54
East Metro Patrol SP EAST METRO 74

Big, BIG thanks for E&W MSP duo.

Curt/Mtka

Status
Not open for further replies.