It appears like Milwaukee Police are now using OpenSky only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiomanNJ1

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C145 Safari/528.16)

Thats nice ! Only phase 2 is done, two more phases to go ! At this rate the system will be done in 2020. Based on the number of times GE/Ericsson/Tyco/MA/Com/Harris has been sold off, it will be ran by Fisher-Price by the time this system is done. Yea, would have been better off to cut the losses and tell MA/Com to get out years ago and start off fresh.

Hey it will never be Fisher Price, it's Tinker Toy now. No where has this sky is falling system worked well.
Harris probably will not support it too long.

mkescan

Tencom, just curious if you are a retired Milwaukee Police Officer?
Please just answer yes or no.
Send me private message if you do not want to answer here.

Thanks

ctadam12

Explain what you mean by that?:confused:

Well, who says the "guy" doing the purchasing can't look into pricing information with other companies. Make a few inquiries and you might find out some stuff. Also, who says one can't call outside agencies to find out how their system works. That's what I meant.

N

N_Jay

It seems you don't know much about the government procurement process.

Well, who says the "guy" doing the purchasing can't look into pricing information with other companies.
Usually the law. (or at least the regulations he works within)

Make a few inquiries and you might find out some stuff.
That is what RFIs (Request for Information) RFPs (Request for Proposal), and RFQs (Request for Quotation) are all about.

public procurement process rfp rfi rfq - Google Search

Also, who says one can't call outside agencies to find out how their system works.
They do. If you ever read an RFP it typically asks for references.

Additionally, during the project development a significant amount of information is collected.

N

N_Jay

Why not? Their system was a failure. Do you work for Harris?

Their system was never fully implemented.

No I do not work for Harris, (or, M/A-COM, Tyco, Motorola, EADS, EFJ, Tait, Vertex, Icom, Kenwood, Midland, Datron, Thales, or any other radio manufacturer, vendor, installer, maintenance company, etc.):roll:

If you want good examples of OpenSky, just ask Harris.
If you want bad ones ask their competition.

ctadam12

That is what RFIs (Request for Information) RFPs (Request for Proposal), and RFQs (Request for Quotation) are all about.

Additionally, during the project development a significant amount of information is collected.

You sound like a Bureaucrat: An official who works by fixed routine without exercising intelligent judgment.

N

N_Jay

You sound like a Bureaucrat: An official who works by fixed routine without exercising intelligent judgment.

I won't say what you sound like, but that aside;

Maybe I "sound" like someone who understands the system we work within, and can even understand the reason some of the seemingly illogical rules have been put in place.

Maybe that sounds funny to you, but maybe it is your "listening skills" that need work?

EDIT: PS

Did you bother looking at the link, and educating yourself?

Last edited:
N

N_Jay

Their system was never fully implemented.

AKA: Failure

Only if you like declaring definitive answers for indefinite conditions.

Yet you criticise others for not exercising intelligent judgment. Go figger?:roll:

Seems like you are big into "judgement" and kind of light in "intelligent". ;)

Last edited:

ctadam12

So what you're telling me is the city of Milwaukee basically called around asking about this "wonderful" OpenSky system and partially based their decision on that? Yeah, right. Someone at the top got juiced. The former chief is sitting on a fat wallet while officers work with a garbage system...

Nuff said.

ctadam12

I won't say what you sound like, but that aside;

Maybe I "sound" like someone who understands the system we work within, and can even understand the reason some of the seemingly illogical rules have been put in place.

Maybe that sounds funny to you, but maybe it is your "listening skills" that need work?

EDIT: PS

Did you bother looking at the link, and educating yourself?[/Q

You're probably the author, in which case I would have to put myself out of my misery after the first two lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.