It appears like Milwaukee Police are now using OpenSky only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N_Jay

So what you're telling me is the city of Milwaukee basically called around asking about this "wonderful" OpenSky system and partially based their decision on that?

I don't know what they did specifically, but have been through the process many times.

Someone at the top got juiced.
Do you have knowledge of that?
Or are you so smart you "know" things through osmosis?

The former chief is sitting on a fat wallet while officers work with a garbage system...
I guess you should call the AG's office with all this valuable information.

Nuff said.
Plenty 'Nuff" if you like making unsubstantiated libelous statements.

N

N_Jay

You're probably the author, in which case I would have to put myself out of my misery after the first two lines...

Yes, of course, I personally wrote every page linked to on an entire page (or multiple pages) of a Google search.:roll:

Please take this with all due respect; Grow a brain!

ctadam12

I don't know what they did specifically, but have been through the process many times.

They say jump, you say how high. Youtube the song. Maybe you'll learn something...

ctadam12

I will say that I did have lots of fun pissing you off. Now I must fight the snow to go to work. Have an awesome day :)

ctadam12

Is that what you call it.
I thought you were just having fun making yourself look stupid?

Have fun shoveling snow? What do they pay kids to do that these days?

Sticks & Stones. I serve in the U.S. Coast Guard. What do you do?

N

N_Jay

Sticks & Stones. I serve in the U.S. Coast Guard. What do you do?

Maybe you should offer your wisdom to your commanding officer. I bet he would appreciate your ideas about going around regulations.

mkescan

May 2002 press release

Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senator Herb Kohl and Congressmen Jerry Kleczka and Tom Barrett announced today that the House of Representatives approved $3 million in funding for the City of Milwaukee to purchase updated communications infrastructure equipment for its police, fire, and public works departments. The money is included in an annual appropriations bill that funds the Departments of Commerce, Justice and State in the fiscal year 2002 that passed the House today by vote of 411 to 15.
The funding will help the city acquire a new digital radio system that allows inter-department
communications, encrypted transmissions,and high-speed data transport capabilities.
The technology in the new equipment will provide access to maps and suspect databases by all units carrying the new system. In addition, multiple channels will be available, allowing small groups of respondents to utilize their own channel, rather than relying on a single communications channel in use by all city units.

ltjweiss

"House of Representatives approved $3 million in funding for the City of Milwaukee"
ha! that only covered what?...... about a fifth of the total cost so far?

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
More on Milwaukee radio woes

The Milwaukee Police Department has officially switched over to its new digital system. It's called Open Sky radio. The system was purchased years ago and MPD has been working to get the bugs out.
It's the bugs that has some officers worried. I talked to a few cops who say there are "dead spots" in the system where no signal comes through
http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/johnjagler/83878402.html

mkescan

Milwaukee OpenSky Update

Thanks to Badger Blogger & John Jagler from AM620 WTMJ we had media & Chief Flynn talking about the problems.today. Sad news is Chief Flynn wants to keep spending money on it.

Badger Blogger
Badger Blogger » Blog Archive » Question for Milwaukee Police Officers — OpenSky

Chief Flynn’s memo to the officers
http://media2.620wtmj.com/wmn/02.10.10 radio communications system.pdf

John Jagler
UPDATE: The day the newsroom went quiet and Milwaukee coppers complained.. | Newsradio 620 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Talk, Sports, Weather | John Jagler

SCPD

QRT
Didn't know that congress was making every one go from analog to digital trunking:lol:
In 2003 Cloudy-Sky was the only digital trunking technology.
Wow GE/Ericsson/MAcom really blow some smoke up their @$$.
Good old Art Jones didn't help the situation with his non working relationship with the county.

N

N_Jay

I also didn't now that NY 'spent' $2B and walked away?:roll::lol:

mkescan

Didn't know that congress was making every one go from analog to digital trunking:lol:
In 2003 Cloudy-Sky was the only digital trunking technology.
Wow GE/Ericsson/MAcom really blow some smoke up their @$$.
Good old Art Jones didn't help the situation with his non working relationship with the county.

Radio Licenses and systems must be 12.5 khz narrowband by 2013
Narrowband does NOT mean digitial

Last edited:

ltjweiss

The Milwaukee Police Department has officially switched over to its new digital system. It's called Open Sky radio. The system was purchased years ago and MPD has been working to get the bugs out.
It's the bugs that has some officers worried. I talked to a few cops who say there are "dead spots" in the system where no signal comes through
UPDATE: The day the newsroom went quiet and Milwaukee coppers complained.. | Newsradio 620 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Talk, Sports, Weather | John Jagler

that link brings you to this:
Badger Blogger » Blog Archive » Question for Milwaukee Police Officers — OpenSky
features mkescan!

mkescan

If purchasing any equipment using funds from a Federal Grant you must purchase equipment that is P25 Capable. There is no directive stating usage of P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.