It worked for the old Tavern...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCANdal

Silent Key
Management,

The General Scanning Forum has, to me at least, seen a spike in threads being started that are related to very localized questions. It seems as if some posters never bother to scroll down to see that there are state-based forums were their questions would more likely receive a better / more direct answer from someone within, say, Wisconsin itself, as opposed to someone reading it from New Jersey. May suggestion would be that the General Scanning Forum be moved down under the Other Forums caption. This would encourage potential posters to scroll past their states (or any of the topic specific forums, i.e. MilComm, FedComm, Air, etc.) - and perhaps consider posing questions about municipalities within those states in that state's forum.

SCANdal

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I have seen very, very few thread reports for this. Not that I don't believe you but we need people to report these things so we can know they need to be moved. I don't normally read the GS forum.

I don't feel it should be shoved down next to the Wasteland though.

mciupa

Maybe giving the Regional Forums more visibility by placing them above Topic Specific Forums could help.

Also, would you not consider the Classifieds to fall under Other Forums ?
Perhaps they could be placed "down there".

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
i think it would be nice if the state forums were right under the general forums. just my 2 cents...

landonjensen

mciupa said:
Maybe giving the Regional Forums more visibility by placing them above Topic Specific Forums could help.

agreed.

SCANdal

Silent Key
mciupa said:

Agree 100%; with sjcscanner too.

wayne, I will start reporting any new / updated topics today that are germain to the discussion here.

SCANdal

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
What I've seen is "scanner related questions" posted in state forums rather than under the brand of the scanner. When the Tavern was moved/renamed, there were several posts in General scanning (and I believe here) asking where it went. My conclusion from all of this is that many people don't seem to read more than what fits on a single screen. I haven't thought this out all the way, so I don't have a solid suggestion; but perhaps what is needed are links at the top of the forums page which directs people to the section they need. Another option might be to make this screen "customized" for each of us once we've logged in. It wouldn't be more than us selecting the order of forums or something along those lines.

What I write above is not something I am personally requesting, as I read all the forums; it is just my idea of what would give people the tools to find the forum which best fits their needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.