Item for sale on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
I want to get in touch with Blackbelter to possibly purchase items he has for sale but no contact info.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
If the user chooses to not accept "conversations" we can't help that. I guess they won't ever sell much that way.
Thank you sir for the information. Have a Happy New Year.

west-pac

If the user chooses to not accept "conversations" we can't help that. I guess they won't ever sell much that way.

Not trying to resurrect the past, but the 'not accepting conversations' option can be selected at any point in your membership, correct?... then say, months or years later a member decides to sell a piece of equipment; during the posting process, in the Classifieds section, is there a notice/warning to remind the member that their 'conversations' are turned off?

I'm not familiar with the Classifieds section here on RR, but if the rules state all questions about an item and transaction details are to be done via PM, couldn't there be a setting to automatically turn on 'conversations' for anyone who posts in the Classifieds section?

--(looking at the classifieds section)--

So it appears the only way to contact a seller is via PM, or email (if they provide it). During the posting process couldn't there be a separate field to enter an email address, whereas the post won't be accepted without an email address in that field?

It seems pointless for RR to accept and publish a classified ad when there is no way to contact the seller.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Not trying to resurrect the past, but the 'not accepting conversations' option can be selected at any point in your membership, correct?

Yes.

As far as the other questions I wouldn't have any idea, that would be a forums administrator question.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It seems pointless for RR to accept and publish a classified ad when there is no way to contact the seller.

It would seem more pointless to post an ad without any way of being able to contact you.

At RR, we expect that people posting ads will at least provide one way of contacting them. Unfortunately, there’s no way of reminding them to do however good that idea is.

Status
Not open for further replies.