AR-DV10 It's a gamble I'm glad I took

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0ne

Well, I took the same gamble but my luck wasn't as good as W3JMC. Had the "demo" unit four days and will be returning it to HRO Salem as soon as the paperwork arrives. Monitored 50 analog FM frequencies yesterday and heard nothing. Battery died after 4 hours of use. Tried four different antennas including the AOR rubber duck, nothing seemed to work. I was hoping I might get a good one as there are users who are happy with their purchase but it was not to be for me.
The rubberduck is a airband antenna. The battery life sounds more or less accurate. Did you compared it side by side whit a different receiver? The fact non of the 50 frequencies received a signal is a bit weird.

palmerjrusa

Sorry you appear to have lucked out with your "demo" AR-DV10.
At AOR USA they recently posted a list of their products that are now non-supported.
On that list is the AR8600, which is still listed for sale at Universal Radio!
Doesn't inspire confidence.

My AR5000+3 isn't on the list but it's probably just a matter of time before it is.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
The rubberduck is a airband antenna. The battery life sounds more or less accurate. Did you compared it side by side whit a different receiver? The fact non of the 50 frequencies received a signal is a bit weird.
Yes, I did use the airband antenna on the airband and did manage to hear some local traffic. But I also tried 4 other antennas, two were telescoping and two were multi band amateur antennas. Side by side comparisons were with an SDS100 for P25, the DV10 failed that test miserably by not copying anything. Compared with an R30 for the analog FM business band freqs and it never broke the squelch.

While there are others who apparently have had some success with the DV10 my experience was otherwise. I hate that because the radio is built like a Motorola, nice to handle, solid, etc. I guess Yaesu did their part but AOR failed miserably.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Something's up with AOR. Their AR-DV1 is not in stock at any HRO outlet, at Universal Radio it's "temporarily unavailable" and Scanner Master has it listed as "discontinued".
Universal Radio are showing the AR-DV1 as 'temporarily unavailable', not 'discontinued'.

Status
Not open for further replies.