BCD996XT: Its been awhile but finally good signal in Park City,Ks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSPILOT536

Premium Subscriber
I had a yagi antenna set up in my bedroom facing SE because I have a house next to me,(worked just ok)I finally got it mounted outside pointed SW towards downtown Wichita and my Uniden 996xt is FINALLY working as it should,getting many,many more calls than before with great reception,so,if you live in Park City,Kansas,mount your antenna about 10ft off the ground or more and point it at downtown and you will find out that you will not miss any WPD traffic,I am a happy camper now!
This style antenna is a MUST in order for your scanner to work on the outskirts of Wichita..trust me.

Attachments

Last edited:

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Just tried that here in Nashville. Set it using a compass to the nearest tower at ~22 feet. Hitting 50%. Came down and checked continuity and N connectors, all good. Standing at corner of garage and got a near perfect signal. Was running out of time so did a quick mount in garage "attic" and with minor tweak 98% signal strength. I cannot comprehend why moving it two feet to the left of the tower and behind a wall would improve the signal so if anybody has a good thought on the reason would love to hear from you. My only take is perhaps some sort of multi-path variant.
Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.