• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

It's just a matter of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah, last night's Amber Alert out of NYC was reported as an abduction in front of the Port Authority bus terminal, a 7-11 or a block this way or that depending on who was reporting. Never mind what Fox 5 said about it, I was laughing so hard I missed the details. At least the Philadelphia stations had it together on another "abduction" (?) but in both cases the cops didn't, by the time they figured out they were so confused they didn't know which end was up the suspects could have been in Tahiti, alerts cancelled.

"Now who had better nuts, the cops or the squirrel?"
David Peel

Uh Grotz, WHAT tastes like chicken? (;->)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
gcgrotz said:
MMMmm tastes like chicken...

No. no no. It's fish tacos. I know, it's bad :lol:

Sounds like a new story for.. I Shouldn't Be Alive On Discovery. Although, is anyone realy still alive? Hmm maybe the press knows. :lol:

Tune in next time for.. Are They Still Alive. Roll dramatic music......and cut! :lol:

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip. That started from Mexico's tropic port, aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailin' man, the skipper brave and sure. Five passengers set sail that day, for a three maybe four maybe nine month tour, a three maybe four maybe nine month tour. The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Burrito would be lost; the Burrito would be lost.

The ship took ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle,
with Guadalupe, the Skipper Juan too,
the Millionaire Jesus, and his Wife,
the Movie Star, the Professor and Maria Ann,
here on Guadalupe's Isle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So this is the tale of our castaways, now rescued by Marshall Islander's. They'll have to make the best of things, as only three seniors. Three seniors
The first mate and his skipper too, will do their very best when they get back to old Mexico to make others understand fuel is the best, fuel is the best
No phones, no lights, no motor cars, not a single luxury. Like Robinson Crusoe, Mexico, it's primitive as can be.
So join us here each week my friend, you're sure to get a smile. From five stranded Castaways,

Here on Guadalupe's Isle.
:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.