Its time for me to admit I know nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Earlier this year I mentioned here that there was no way the St. Louis Cardinals would do anything in 2011. And up until mid September I was right. Even losing their best starter (Wainwright), having a fat out-of-shape DH play the outfield (Puma Berkman) and no real middle infielders this team has been amazing. They win when it counts, they twice last nite were within 1 strike out being eliminated and won. Tonite they are winning Game 7. Congrats to the Cardinals and their fans. This Series victory is going to be super sweet.

EJB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

He probably deserves to be. He has led his team to the World Series 3 times, winning 2. All those post season games make boatloads of $ not to mention all the $ made from internet, audio. The players don't get paid for the post season either. Pujols is one of the best hitters ever and IMO better than Stan the Man. He has never had a average year, much less bad year in his 11 year career. He is a first ballot Hall of Famer. That said, his numbers have diminished from other world to amazing in 2010-11. Do you pay him for 8-10 yrs for money he demands? He will be in his 40's at the end of such a deal and the number of players who have kept 75% of their value in this age group are few and far inbetween. Its a risk and it will be fun seeing what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.