Stations ITU Schedule A19S1 and FCC Search of 3-30 MHz Transmitters, both in Google Earth .kml format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capella

Premium Subscriber
I’m just getting back into monitoring the HF bands and wanted to share a couple Google Earth .kml files I created. One is the ITU list of international shortwave transmitter sites (current schedule A19S1, degrees minutes resolution) and the other is a search of the FCC database for transmitters in the 3-30 MHz range (degrees minutes seconds resolution).

I’m not sure why but I noticed the FCC search doesn’t include the international shortwave station in, for example, Okechobee, FL (but does list about 9,800 active HF frequencies from 1341 locations in the US) while the ITU lists Okechobee among the 198 individual transmitter sites worldwide and 3,281 individual broadcast schedules (frequencies, dates/times, etc). I also see that the ITU listing doesn’t include, for example, any shortwave broadcasters in India but I believe All India Radio is active on the shortwave bands.

One way to use the kml file of international shortwave stations is to deselect all frequencies, then if you hear a broadcast on, for example, 9885 KHz, double click on the frequency. I selected the 3rd one down of 11 and Google Earth immediately went to that transmitter site and display 15 brief details about 9985 KHz - and in this case shows a very impressive transmitter site in Greenville, NC (Site B) – maybe part of VOA?

As a side note over on the Minnesota Radio Discussions Forum I posted a “quick start guide” to searching the FCC database and then converting the results into a Google Earth .kml file (the process I used to create the above list of FCC-licensed HF frequencies in the US).

Hope this helps

Attachments

• ITU A19S1 Schedule and FCC 3-30 MHz Transmitters in kml format.zip
    330.7 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.