I've applied (again) and have ONE question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Primarily this question is aimed at Lindsey. But if an Admin or Agent of LB can answer it - So be it.

I've applied for a feed, I got my internet issues and Bandwidth issues solved. So yes, I reapplied to provide to this MOST excellent Website. My Question is simple, If Approved, can my membership remain as free and NOT be upgraded to premium? I could care less about a Premium membership. While I use crappy butel software I have no need for RR Export, special files or any of that Premium stuff. Keep that for your Paid subscribers. So, If my feed is approved, can you keep me at FREE & CHEAP status still?

Thanks.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
The premium is given to you by the system so we can not keep it from giving it to you.

Coffee and doughnuts yuum.

Last edited:

KLH

Feed Provider
I could be wrong, but can't you select Anonymous Feed option, and then no credit would be given to you for being a feed broadcaster.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I could be wrong, but can't you select Anonymous Feed option, and then no credit would be given to you for being a feed broadcaster.

No that just keeps people from seeing what feed you own. It still gives you the premium.

I don't use the download feature either. However other aspects of the premium membership work out quite well. MyRR for example. Very handy way to keep an eye on favorite feeds. Or the ability to watch a radio system for updates is another great feature.

RR brings a lot to the table in terms of broadcaster support. Personally I don't think I would walk away and leave those things on the table. You do that and all of the sudden you have a major event happen in your area, get a ton of listeners and then you find that you aren't able to take advantage of the program to give the broadcaster the gift card from Scanner Master because you didn't want the perks.

SCPD

QRT
I could care less about the bells, whistles and thrills personally. I can go to FCC.gov and get the same stuff a Premium account holder gets for new systems and frequencies with no issues. I mean, I see the logic of giving a feed provider something for their contribution (their feed) free in return. But unless your stuck with Butel and have to use RR export there isn't much else there you can't get on Google.

Anyways, I see my feed request is still pending maybe it'll approved soon.

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you don't want to use the premium benefits, then don't. When you provide a feed, the premium upgrade is automatic. It's not as if by you having that automatic upgrade, you're taking it away from someone else. Nor is Lindsay losing money on your account, since you clearly would not be ponying up the $30 for a premium subscription anyway. You already know this, it's nothing new to you.

Since he doesn't want to be included in the gift certificate to Scanner Master incentive, if his feed reaches the threshold number of listeners can I have it instead?

Just kidding though. I'm sure he has good intentions for what he is doing.

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I could care less about the bells, whistles and thrills personally.

Max,

Have you ever seen the front of someone's MyRR page? I'll screenshot mine real quick so you can see just how personalized you can get it. This ain't just something you run over to FCC.gov to look at. All the updates I care to know about on myRR homepage.

Attachments

• MyRR.jpg
    MyRR.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 145

SCPD

QRT
If you don't want to use the premium benefits, then don't. When you provide a feed, the premium upgrade is automatic. It's not as if by you having that automatic upgrade, you're taking it away from someone else. Nor is Lindsay losing money on your account, since you clearly would not be ponying up the $30 for a premium subscription anyway. You already know this, it's nothing new to you.

I'd Pony it up just to argue with you! What, you think I'm a cheapscape lowlife scumbag who can't cough up a buck for more than a bottle? :D

Thanks Texasemt, never have seen. Might check that out.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'd Pony it up just to argue with you! What, you think I'm a cheapscape lowlife scumbag who can't cough up a buck for more than a bottle? :D

I definitely have an opinion of what type of guy you are based on your posts, but you're way off the mark with that guess. :wink:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Alrighty guys, thats enough. Maxtracker, you made your request and Kendrik has responded to your post, and I am sure the rest of the live admin team has seen it also.

Closing this

Status
Not open for further replies.