• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IWCE and covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Below is the so called executive summary, the link above has all the details.

Due to stringent U.S. travel and safety restrictions implemented on February 2, 2020, all of our China-based exhibitors (around 35 out of the 400 companies hosted at IWCE this year) had to push their participation to 2021. A few are potentially attending with North American personnel to staff their booth.

Additionally, our China-based attendees (1% of the total IWCE attendance) will not be coming to this year's show since the U.S. Government has restricted visas & travel from areas significantly impacted by COVID-19. We are looking forward to hosting those who are unable to attend next year.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thanks for posting that.

Just had a meeting with my director and we talked about IWCE and if it was worth going. Was going to wait a few weeks before deciding.

I might be the guy there in a full hazmat suit and SCBA.

I had hazmat training with HHS 2 years ago in the Atlanta convention center and did a full suit donning and doffing exercise.
When I got suited up I turned to my partner and said 'Lets go up to the food court and ask a server for the names of everyone who ate here today, that will stir them up'.

mancow

Database Admin
Good maybe this will delay their schemes to come up with more unnecissary crap to foist on the tax payers.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Kenwood just pulled out of IWCE for this year. I suspect others will follow.

I can cancel my hotel reservations without penalty, but my employer is out $1100 for the registration.

RodStrong

Kenwood just pulled out of IWCE for this year. I suspect others will follow.

I can cancel my hotel reservations without penalty, but my employer is out $1100 for the registration.

I was gonna go to the Kenwood party on Tuesday night. Options are dwindling down to the Pinball Hall of Fame. If I still go that is.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I was gonna go to the Kenwood party on Tuesday night. Options are dwindling down to the Pinball Hall of Fame. If I still go that is.

Yeah, I'm disappointed. I've been going for 10 years (except that abomination when they went to Florida….), and looked forward to the drive down there. But with the vendors dropping out, my dad having lung surgery in April, and a wife with asthma, it's just not going to happen this year.

I'll have to make up for it next year.

but my employer is out $1100 for the registration.
Have you checked with the IWCE folks about apply it towards next year if they won't refund the fee?
With over 30 vendors 'pushing their participation to 2021' you could argue what you signed up for isn't what will be available.

ecps92

And you might get your chance again this year.
I had hazmat training with HHS 2 years ago in the Atlanta convention center and did a full suit donning and doffing exercise.
When I got suited up I turned to my partner and said 'Lets go up to the food court and ask a server for the names of everyone who ate here today, that will stir them up'.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Have you checked with the IWCE folks about apply it towards next year if they won't refund the fee?
With over 30 vendors 'pushing their participation to 2021' you could argue what you signed up for isn't what will be available.

We're working on that. Pretty much feeling the same way. The big manufacturers we were wanting to talk with are not going to be there.

Plus with the Chinese junk radio/antenna manufacturers not there, there is no humor factor, so that would suck too.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Plus with the Chinese junk radio/antenna manufacturers not there, there is no humor factor, so that would suck too.

I have been the last 6 of 7 years or so (except for that abomination when they went to Orlando). I assumed I'd take this year off, but then once I read that the Chicoms can't come this year, I'm thinking I should actually make sure to go this year when all those 'toy stores' aren't cluttering up the aisles. We'll see.

12dbsinad

There is no WAY I'm attending the show this year unless I am wearing a SCBA and do a full hazmat decon afterwards. The bubble pack contains China air with potential COVID-19 and there is no way I want to be a part of that.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Well, here ya go:

IWCE 2020 is Officially Postponed

As part of a Managed Postponement Program and
after close consultation with our partners in the industry,we have made the difficult decision to postpone IWCE 2020.
With the rapidly developing circumstances and in light of corporate travel considerations continuing to escalate, we’ve worked as quickly as possible to explore our options.
Having spent the past year preparing for the event with our advisory boards, speakers, exhibitors and event partners, we’re genuinely disappointed not to be able to host you in three weeks, but the experience and safety of our community and everyone involved in the event continues to be our top priority.
The intention is to announce a new date shortly. Exhibitors and attendees will be contacted with further information regarding booth contracts and registrations.

We understand there will be a lot of questions and concerns following this announcement. For attendees, we will automatically transfer your registration to the rescheduled event. For questions and concerns, please contactiwceoperations@informa.com . We are aiming to answer your queries within 48 hours but due to a high volume of emails, please expect a slight delayed reply and we thank you in advance for your patience.
For exhibitors and sponsors, we will transfer your program to the future event. Your Account Manager will be reaching out personally in the next few days to discuss your immediate questions. We continue to work diligently to ensure all details are buttoned down and we thank you for your patience.
As always, we would like to thank everyone who helps to make the event possible and recognize that our event does not happen without your support. We appreciate the open discussions and encouragement. The conversations we’ve had over the last several days have proven how lucky we all are to be part of this supportive, tight-knit industry. As everyone has been reminding us, great things happen when the community comes together and connects at IWCE events.
Thank you,
Stephanie McCall, Show Director
Paul Caplan, General Manager
IWCE 2020​

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Holy Hell, I hope not. My wife and I were there many years ago in the beginning of August. 118º.

But it's a dry heat...nothing like the 106 with 80% humidity you see in parts of Texas. It's been a few decades but what I remember, the temperature drops off quite quickly in the summer once the sun goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.