• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IWCE will be taking place completely virtually

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the world has continued to adapt over the past few months, we have been continuously reviewing the best ways to serve the IWCE community.

We believe the need for the IWCE community to connect, inform and innovate is stronger than ever and we are committed to providing you with this platform.

With the prospect of physical gatherings unlikely in the coming months, we are excited to announce the launch of IWCE Virtual, a multi-day virtual experience to be held the week of August 24, 2020 that will allow our entire global community to participate.

IWCE Virtual will deliver the same, high-quality content including Keynote Addresses, conference tracks, educational roundtables, and training you were looking forward to at this year's in-person event. We are also excited for the opportunity to provide new innovative networking opportunities through data driven networking enagements across various new virtual formats.

For sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and attendees who have already registered for our in-person event, we will be in touch via email very shortly. In the meantime, if you have direct questions, feel free to reach out to us at iwceoperations@informa.com.

We believe in the power of gathering our community to share, inspire, and strengthen our industry, and are committed to continue this through our media brand, IWCE's Urgent Communications, and now through our IWCE virtual events too.

Stay tuned for more information about IWCE Virtual (the week of August 24) coming very soon.

I emailed the ETA last night and asked for an update, at 0837 today their reply was
'(Stacey) was adamant that IWCE will take place in August as scheduled.'

My class has hands on testing I have to sign off on so I'm working on how I'm going to get that done.
I thought this might happen so I've been working on this for a few weeks now, probably going the webcam route.

I bet APCO is next. I bought non refundable tickets but only paid $89 and there is no change fee so I'm ahead for next year.
Well, poop.
Already did, that's why there was a slight delay in posting this....

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I emailed the ETA last night and asked for an update, at 0837 today their reply was
'(Stacey) was adamant that IWCE will take place in August as scheduled.'

I'm sure the thought of having to refund all that money is part of it. Can't blame them.
Well, at least there is next year, and they are not doing that stupid Florida thing, I hope.

My class has hands on testing I have to sign off on so I'm working on how I'm going to get that done.
I thought this might happen so I've been working on this for a few weeks now, probably going the webcam route.

Was wondering about that. We've had a lot of training cancelled. Glad I got my stuff done back in November before all this hit.

I bet APCO is next. I bought non refundable tickets but only paid $89 and there is no change fee so I'm ahead for next year.

Yeah, I got a thing from them the other day reminding me to make my reservations. Wasn't planning on going all the way to Orlando for it. I'll usually go if it's on this side of the Rockies.

Already did, that's why there was a slight delay in posting this....

A good way to start the weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.