J Codes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have heard Dunklin County and also Butler County and other counties....using codes such as respond to J3 for a J5, Vehicle Upside down in roadway.. I have heard them use NUMEROUS J codes...Does anyone know what these are or where they can be found? J 15? J 10? etc..

mjthomas59

KM5LZ said:
J codes are used for levels of injury with J 4 being death never heard a J5 yet.

Not so fast. J codes are different based on what is preceding them in most cases. 10-51 J1 for the highway patrol means a tow truck company has been contacted and is in route.

A 10-50 J1 is a no injury accident, J2 injury, J3 blocking roadway, J4 fatality.

10-97 J1 prior criminal record, 10-97 J2 normally probabtion/parole or known to carry weapons, 10-97 J3 known to assault officers.

Every department is different and the ones i've listed above are what i would call "the norm" for J codes statewide. That being said other agencies can use them however they want, and listening to the call and trying to figure out what is going on, and why they said it was J15 instead of J12 is your only option. The highway patrol 10 codes are listed in the database, but they vary by department.

In other areas you will hear them use "Signal" followed by a number, this is to supplement the 10 codes, or at times to get rid of them all together. Other departments use simple english, and apparently some(although i haven't heard any) use J codes beyond the traditional J1-4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.