SDS100/SDS200: J401 Pinout & Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Y'all may have noticed I've been unusually quiet lately, and that I've gotten a little behind on my modding and other work. :(

But I've not been idle, between non-scanner-related life stuff and a new 3D printer that needs assembly and TLC to get going, I've been tracing connections on J401 to try to figure out where they go and what they do, and have been partly successful. Labels are test point markings on the boards (mostly the rear RF board, the front display board points are mostly unlabeled :rolleyes: )

The purpose for this is to start correlating specific scanner malfunctions with bad connections on specific pins, to speed up the process of figuring out which connection(s) are bad giben a specific set of problems. The most obvious examples are scroll knob scrolling problems correlating with bad connections on pins 6 and 8, and scroll click problems being a bad connection on pin 10. If anyone else digs into their SDS100 because of J401 issues, please feel free to contribute what symptoms you were having (preferably with a link to a video showing the problem), and which pin(s) needed rework.

PinTest Point LabelComments
IF_IP
2R838_SDA
3IF_IN
4R838 SCL
5GND
6ROT_BScroll knob rotate B. Connects to the scroll knob through a 330Ω resistor next to the connector on the RF board.
7+3.7VPins 7 and 9 appear to be the only power feed to the RF board. They are tied together on both sides of the connector.
8ROT_AScroll knob rotate A. Connects to the scroll knob through a 330Ω resistor next to the connector on the RF board.
9+3.7VPins 7 and 9 appear to be the only power feed to the RF board. They are tied together on both sides of the connector.
10LOT_PScroll knob click (LOT is possibly a misprint for ROT?). Connects to the scroll knob through a 330Ω resistor next to the connector on the RF board.
11???
12M_MODE
13M_ENABL
14GND
15???
16GND
17VAGC
18GND
19???
20GND
21M_SCLK
22GND