Jackson and Mason County online feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
An online scanner feed for fire departments, EMS, and law enforcement in Jackson County and part of Mason County is now available at Jackson and Mason County WV, and Meigs County OH Fire, EMS, and Law Enforcement Live Scanner Audio Feed. The feed has actually been online for several months, but the scanner reception was poor until an outdoor antenna was put up recently. Currently, the feed covers all of Jackson County except mobile radios in the southern end of the county; the Bend, Flatrock, Leon, and Route 87 areas in Mason County; and fire/EMS in most of Meigs County, OH as well as Pomeroy, OH police.

fredva

Feed Provider
It should pick up Mason Fire Dept., however I haven't confirmed that with absolute certainty. I may have heard Mason FD being toned for a work detail last week (Thursday?), but I was out of the room at the time and didn't hear it clearly. It could have been Station 5 in Meigs County. Based on my listening, I can confirm that the scanner picks up Fire/EMS/Law North, the tower used by Station 500 (and shared with New Haven FD I believe), and Mason County Law - West. Despite the new antenna, the scanner isn't picking up Mason County fire/ems/law enforcement south, at least not yet. If that changes, I will post a message here letting people know.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
ok, i am the capt there and when i camp alot in the summer time and atleast i can hear stuff from home now. haha

fredva

Feed Provider
If somebody living around Point Pleasant or Gallipolis Ferry would be willing to set up an online feed for the Point Pleasant area and southern Mason County, that would be great. The Jackson-Mason-Meigs feed scanner can only pick up part of Mason County, and another feed originating from the right location could allow the whole county to be covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.