Jackson County, Gainesboro, Digital Programming need help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Rogers

I am new at this, please bare with me. Could someone please post the information that is need to program a scanner (digital) and also the information that is needed to program any other radio that will except the digital frequency format for basic receive only (Scanning Only). Thank you in advance...

Dozer295

Quite the contrary actually, Jackson County public safety organizations have digital frequencies, and the format is Motorola MotoTrbo. Jackson EMS works exclusively off of their digital frequency, while Jackson Fire, SO, and even Rescue Squad have digital frequencies. To the best of my knowledge no scanner by themselves can hear the MotoTrbo signal. The scanner must be hooked up to a computer that has some sort of decoding program in it. I am thankful that my Fire Dept. has furnished me with a Motorola XPR 6550 that is a trbo radio that can work on analog or trbo digital. Fire, SO, and the Rescue Squad usually operate their radios on analog, however also use digital sometimes because the digital gets out better then analog in certain parts of the county.

Last edited:

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Quite the contrary actually, Jackson County public safety organizations have digital frequencies, and the format is Motorola MotoTrbo. Jackson EMS works exclusively off of their digital frequency, while Jackson Fire, SO, and even Rescue Squad have digital frequencies. To the best of my knowledge no scanner by themselves can hear the MotoTrbo signal. The scanner must be hooked up to a computer that has some sort of decoding program in it. I am thankful that my Fire Dept. has furnished me with a Motorola XPR 6550 that is a trbo radio that can work on analog or trbo digital. Fire, SO, and the Rescue Squad usually operate their radios on analog, however also use digital sometimes because the digital gets out better then analog in certain parts of the county.

That information needs to be updated in the database then. It still shows Jackson County as FM, not TRBO.

And you're right about the scanners not being able to pick the frequencies up without software.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK if someone will please make an official submission, I will start looking at the licenses and make the proper updates. TY guys!

*** DONE***

Last edited by a moderator:

Dozer295

OK if someone will please make an official submission, I will start looking at the licenses and make the proper updates. TY guys!

*** DONE***

milf, what would information is required to make an official submission, I might be able to talk to our 911 director and see what information I can get, and how would I be able to make an official submission.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Go to County Database Page, click submit button. That would be an official submission to the database. That puts it in our records. A lot of folks don't realise that only a few of us Admins graze the forums pastures for data. I do so because I am also an Forums Moderator, and I know a few of you guys and get good data on things. But to keep our records of data looking good, and so we can go back and see where info came from, the best bet is an "user",that's you guys, submits data through the proper formats. And if it is submitted correctly, and per the guidelines, and is good data, it makes it in the database. If its incorrect format, not useful info, or not even a submission (questions, comments, rants etc...) It will end up rejected with a nice little note from an admin.

For example: You want to submit information on a conventional system you have gleaned. Lets say, X VFD is now using 3 differring formats on one repeater. 123.4 PL for Fire Dispatch, 567 DPL for First Responders/EMS Dispatch, and DMR with Color Code 1, Slot 1 Fire Admin/Slot 2 EMS to ER reports. You would click that County's Submit button, and follow the directions. Info we do not want is Repeater input tones, except on HAM, Tone Out Codes, Website Links, Station Lists etc.... All that stuff is wiki material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.