Jackson Evers International Airport System

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Use your scanner as the powerful tool it was designed to be. What model do you have? Most of them can easily identify what is in use. The FCC emissions do not tell me much of a story. Same old FM as it always has had. No P25 emissions listed. So it could still be EDACS. Maybe ProVOICE... But nothing says P25. So you will need to do it the old fashioned way
Monitor it

Technoguy58

The system you are saying is new: FCC Callsign WQDD668 (Jackson-Evers International Airport Authority) is the same as the EDACS one listed in the DB. Nothing new. Been up there several times in the past few weeks trying to see where they went but no luck. Nothing at all any of the frequencies listed any mode. My bet is they are on the MSWIN and nobody has submitted the info. I would assume that they would be in the Hinds county TG range as City of Jackson owns the airport and the FD on airport property would be a City of Jackson agency.

Technoguy58

One other thing you might want to check: See if Hinds County S.O. provides security at the Airport. I don't know about MS. but in La the owning parish provides security as well as the parish in most cases. In the N.O. area, MSY is owned by the City of N.O but is located in Jeff Parish so J.P.S.O. provides some or most of security ops under an agreement with N.O. but the airport T.G.s are in the Orleans parish range. Lake Charles airport is using LWIN on the Calcasieu T.G. range. Lafayette airport is on the LWIN and the old MOTO system but everything there is E. Just some ideas. Just looking through some of the Hinds T.G.s I have, there are a few unidentified.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
One other thing you might want to check: See if Hinds County S.O. provides security at the Airport. I don't know about MS. but in La the owning parish provides security as well as the parish in most cases. In the N.O. area, MSY is owned by the City of N.O but is located in Jeff Parish so J.P.S.O. provides some or most of security ops under an agreement with N.O. but the airport T.G.s are in the Orleans parish range. Lake Charles airport is using LWIN on the Calcasieu T.G. range. Lafayette airport is on the LWIN and the old MOTO system but everything there is E. Just some ideas. Just looking through some of the Hinds T.G.s I have, there are a few unidentified.
AFRR is same as the PD. Jackson Municipal Airport Authority, not JPD/JFD, or HCSO. http://jmaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Certified-Police-Officer.pdf Pics of the JAN PD vehicles policecarwebsite AIRPORT Police JMAA FD Duvall Decker » Fire Crash Rescue Stations
Although JFD did do swap out and replace one of the JMAA areas that was going to be a heliport with what will be a new station near Hawkins Field. More Than $3 Million Approved for New Jackson (MS) Fire Department Station | Fire Apparatus JAN being IN Rankin County, RCSO and municipalities do mutual aids there. It would take far to long for JPD to get there. Hawkins Field gets support from JPD, and JFD. And you are confirming the EDACS is off the air, no CC at all? (Didn't you have something to do with the final upgrades to ProVOICE out there?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
Yes for a fact airport maintenance and airport Pd are using the APX6000s I even heard them talk it was definitely P25 digital trunked because I heard the talkpermit tone (triple beep) on key up from one of the maintenance workers APX6000. I know the apxs can’t do EDACS, so yes you’re right more than likely they are MSWIN, still trying to locate their talk groups, also does anyone know if the MSANG are still using their P25 vhf conventional frequencies or are they using MSWIN radios? They have 3 conventional P25 vhf channels, MSANG EOC, MSANG FD, and security forces which is encrypted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Definitely using APX’s at the airport. My wife found one in the washroom that was left by a maintenance worker when we were there in 2019.

Technoguy58

Double checked this week when I was in Jackson. No C.C. or anything at all on any of the frequencies listed for City of Jackson municipal airport. I would sat that the EDACS system is deprecated. Also checked on the MDOC EDACS location at Whitfield and can not find a C.C. on any of the DOC frequencies listed. This is just the Whitfield site in Rankin county. I need to get out to Leakesville and see what is going on out there.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Double checked this week when I was in Jackson. No C.C. or anything at all on any of the frequencies listed for City of Jackson municipal airport. I would sat that the EDACS system is deprecated. Also checked on the MDOC EDACS location at Whitfield and can not find a C.C. on any of the DOC frequencies listed. This is just the Whitfield site in Rankin county. I need to get out to Leakesville and see what is going on out there.
As for DOC, they have a MSWIN site for Parchmann, specifically. That was done just for them, and was supposed to be the key that finally brought MDOC on MSWIN. Whitfield PD is on, no one has found the ops stuff yet for MSH stuff. There is still a LOT that has not been identified yet for MSWIN.... And I do mean a LOT!

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
I tried plugging in the old control channels that are on the up to date license in my unication G5 using the MSWIN WACN and SYS ID, set it to system monitor and no luck it just says out of range, perhaps they are using their own system? With their own SYSTEM ID and WACN any ideas? I’m pretty close to the airport since I stay in Flowood.

As for DOC, they have a MSWIN site for Parchmann, specifically. That was done just for them, and was supposed to be the key that finally brought MDOC on MSWIN. Whitfield PD is on, no one has found the ops stuff yet for MSH stuff. There is still a LOT that has not been identified yet for MSWIN.... And I do mean a LOT!

I might have come across an MSH Talkgroup, possibly Whitfield. I was running a discovery out of the MSWIN Jackson site and TG 22950 came up and the recorded audio seemed to reference someone heading back to the MSH campus. I'm thinking this is a Mississippi State Hospital TG.

Also, I believe that TGs 49532, 49535, and possibly 49542 could be airport channels. Recorded audio for these TGs repeatedly reference maintenance, gate 94, and the phrases east and west concourse as well as 1 item of lost and found and a reference to making a page have come up

Yes for a fact airport maintenance and airport Pd are using the APX6000s I even heard them talk it was definitely P25 digital trunked because I heard the talkpermit tone (triple beep) on key up from one of the maintenance workers APX6000. I know the apxs can’t do EDACS, so yes you’re right more than likely they are MSWIN, still trying to locate their talk groups, also does anyone know if the MSANG are still using their P25 vhf conventional frequencies or are they using MSWIN radios? They have 3 conventional P25 vhf channels, MSANG EOC, MSANG FD, and security forces which is encrypted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I picked up a bit of chatted on TG 13584 out of the jackson site on MSWIN and It's in the MMD Zone 2 TG range. Don't know if this is what you're looking for.

Technoguy58

I am starting to think you are correct about the T.G.s that you have in the 49xxx range. Have gone back and reviewed some recordings and 49535 is a PD agency with talk concerning Hawkins Field and Jackson Intl. I think 49532,49535,49538,49542, and 49544 are all related to JIA. At first I was thrown by the T.G. range (way out of sequence) but the convos do appear to be airport related.

Technoguy58

49532 is talk about Operations
49535 is PD ops
49538 is possibly FD/RESCUE related. Not enough talk
49542 is maintenance shop
49544 is custodial

The only LOCATION specific info I heard was on 49535 HAWKINS FIELD and JACKSON INTL

Status
Not open for further replies.