Jackson Fire fireground

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESN

After Jackson is paged out on Ocean County fire, I never hear a word on the county TRS. So I assume they use their local fireground A,B,C? If so, it's safe to assume they only use the county TRS for mutual aid ops?

I don't monitor Jackson TRS much but when I do it seems awfully quiet. I know the PD is encrypted but is their much activity here or am I not listening at prime times? Also, does the PD do anything un-encrypted?

DJ88

Jackson fire does not use the County Trunk System. After dispatch, communications with county dispatch (response and initial fireground ops) are on Jackson conventional Fire Tac 1 - 507.3375 DPL 432 (Repeater). They also have a conventional Fire Tac 2 frequency, 506.5875 DPL 243 (Repeater), but don't use it much. And, they have 3 conventional fire ground frequencies that they use for on scene operations.
Fire Ground A - 510.5875 DPL 143
Fire Ground B - 511.5875 DPL 152
Fire Ground C - 511.8375 DPL 155
These are low power simplex, so you would have to be pretty close to the incident in order to pick them up. Fire Ground A is frequently used.

Last edited:

DJ88

In my post above, I said that Jackson FDs do not use the trunk system. That is to say they are not officially assigned to it. They do, however, have capabilities on it for mutual aid purposes to other municipalities who use it. For example, when they go mutual aid to New Egypt, they use the Fire Zone 4 talk group to talk to New Egypt FD units. They may also have capabilities on other fire talk groups, but I can't say for sure. I believe it was their decision to stay on their own licensed fire frequencies for their response/fire ground rather than go over to the trunk system.

NESN

Thanks, that's about what I thought was going on. Anyone know about the Twp TRS or the PD? Even the Road dept. seems quiet during the day. All this money for a system that seems to be low use?

Status
Not open for further replies.