Jackson/Madison County JDP/EMS/Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daps

Hi guys 1st time poster thinking about getting a scanner. Total noobie. Not looking to spend a lot of money at the moment. I know you get what you pay for.

I'm thinking about geting the RS PRO-106 for the time being. It looks like JPD/Sheriff/EMS etc are analog from looking at freq page here so I should be able to listen.

Am I good to go with this for the time being? I'm not looking to use it for travel. Just at home and maybe while at work in the office.

I know digital would be better but for the moment I can't spring for it or justify it at this time.
Does anyone know if Jackson Madison County is planning on going to digital soon or is it 2-3+ years out?

Mainly for listening but also tornado season is about to be on us so I would be using it for weather info also

Feedback is appreciate.

Daps

I meant the PRO 164, not the 106. Sorry. I don't seem to be able to edit my original post
Thanks

CORN

Premium Subscriber
You should be good with an analog scanner as long as it trunks. Haven't heard any news of Jackson/Madison County changing anytime soon.

Daps

Thanks
I also meant the PRO164,not the 106 which is digital.

It does trunking. So now it's more studying time

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I have a Pro-164. Good radio. Also does good in the aircraft bands as well. Both VHF and UHF.

Daps

Got the Pro164 today :- )
Will play with over the weekend.
It already has the latest firmware 1.10 so I'm golden.

Now I have to read the manuals and study this forum.

Daps

How do I or can I set it so that I can listen to regular traffic but if a weather alert goes off it goes to weather automatically?

I'm guessing Wx standby mode sits and listens for the tones but you can't listen to other traffic.

If I'm reading right it sounds like I can make the Weather a priority channel, listen to my regular scanner traffic but if a weather alert goes off the scanner will sound that alert and go to that channel so I can hear the weather alert. Doing it like this doesn't allow you to use the FIPS codes you stored,it will sound them all

Am I understanding that correctly or am I off?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.