Jackson Twp And Ocean Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Premium Subscriber
I am coming to Ocean Co. and Jackson Twp next and are working on programming the radios now, but alot of systems and I have a few questions. I see that Jackson Twp has both a Motorola TRS and LTR TRS (Fire Dept). The Motorola system says mixed mode. Is it digital or are the police analog? Also do the Jackson Twp Fire Department use the conventional freqs?

Thanks alot,
Larry

fineshot1

hill said:
I am coming to Ocean Co. and Jackson Twp next and are working on programming the radios now, but alot of systems and I have a few questions. I see that Jackson Twp has both a Motorola TRS and LTR TRS (Fire Dept). The Motorola system says mixed mode. Is it digital or are the police analog? Also do the Jackson Twp Fire Department use the conventional freqs?

Thanks alot,
Larry

Go to the Ocean County database on this web site and scroll down to Jackson Twp
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1785

The FD uses a three channel LTR system that is going to be converted to conventional
due to the fact that it was poorly designed and has many problems but the dispatch
will remain on 507.3375. The other two freqs ( 506.5875, 507.0875 ) and the dispatch
freq should be programmed in you scanner in conventional mode - this way you will not
have a problem hearing any action, listen with no PL until we can determine what PL or DPL will be used after the conversion is done.

The PD does use a 6 channel moto digital smartzone trunk system with the PD talkgroups being encrypted. See the setup info on this system at either the scan-nj or eastcoast scanning web sites. Good Luck.....fineshot1

jeepguy

just bought the uniden bcd396t and had the place i bought it from put in frequencies from this web site and can not recieve any jackson township police or fire frequencies ... they all sound like digital code.. instead of voice help please

Joseph11

The Jackson Township Police Department is full time P25 encrypted. No one can listen to them, regardless of what scanner they are using. The FD uses the 3 frequencies mentioned above. For more details, check the RR Database or my site (mentioned in my signature).

DJ88

Jackson police are ENCRYPTED 24/7 so your out of luck as far as monitoring them. However, you can monitor fire and EMS.

The fire departments operate on a 2 channel LTR Trunk system, however you can program and monitor it in conventional mode, which is what I do, and hear everything. Program the following frequencies in conventional mode:

507.3375 - DPL 432 - Fire Dispatch (By Ocean County Dispatch) - This frequency isn't actually part of the trunk system.
506.5875 - No PL/DPL - Fire Ops 1
507.0875 - No PL/DPL - Fire Ops 2 (Rarely used)*
* - This frequency is also used by MONOC Paramedics for communications with Jackson Dispatch and uses a DPL 343. If you program it without the DPL, you'll hear both fire and the medics. I have it programmed that way.

155.235 - PL 186.2 - EMS Dispatch (Conventional)
EMS uses Trunk System Talk Group 656 for operations after dispatch according to the databases. I can't verify this as I do not monitor the Jackson Trunk System at all.

Just a note about the fire department, fire units 5411 and 5517, or 5417 and 5511 (not exactly sure which way it goes) are first responders during the day for EMS calls, so you may hear them talking to dispatch on one of the fire ops channels when there's an EMS call.

If you have the trunk system programmed properly you should be able to monitor EMS operations. If you don't hear any fire ops on the fire trunk system, take it back to where you got it and have them program the fire ops freqs. conventional or do it yourself and you should be in good shape.

Last edited:

Joseph11

EMS Operations 1 is talkgroup 656.

DJ88: Have you heard LTR activity on Fire Operations 2 recently?

DJ88

I don't know if it was LTR or not, I have it programmed conventional, but I heard FD activity on it recently, and if my memory serves me right it was during a severe storm that passed thru Jackson either last week or the week before. They were indundated with calls and with all the apparatus going every which way, some of them were using Fire Ops 2. I think that was the night when it sounded like to me that they had somebody, maybe a chief or assistant chief, stationed somewhere (one of the fire houses?) and when a call came in from county, he would assign a piece of apparatus to answer it.

BTW, It sounds like Jackson FDs have capabilities on the Ocean County Fire Lakewood Repeater frequency, 506.7125 DPL223,. Heard one of the units talking to Car 43 on it this morning during a big mulch fire there.

jeepguy

Thanks alot guys. I want to know why jackson pd needs to be encrypted ?? not like we are a bustling metropolis or any thing . any way just my gripe of the am . thanks again for the quick responces.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
jeepguy said:
Thanks alot guys. I want to know why jackson pd needs to be encrypted ?? not like we are a bustling metropolis or any thing . any way just my gripe of the am . thanks again for the quick responces.
One reason for PD/SD using encrypted messages is due to the use of SOC numbers. My PD does not use any encryption - thank goodness- but now and then they do a 10-80 - check by Social Security number. I hear a name, number, birth date and gender. Shame on em, unscrupulous persons can steal your identification with this data.

ctrabs74

fmon said:
One reason for PD/SD using encrypted messages is due to the use of SOC numbers. My PD does not use any encryption - thank goodness- but now and then they do a 10-80 - check by Social Security number. I hear a name, number, birth date and gender. Shame on em, unscrupulous persons can steal your identification with this data.

Agreed. I don't believe that SSNs should be broadcast over the air. In Pennsylvania, I don't hear any poilce departments putting full SSNs over the air (with the exception of the SEPTA (ahem) Transit Police); very rarely, however, I have heard the last 4 of the SSN when confirming warrants, but again, it's extremely rare - at least in my part of the state.

Unfortunately, NJSP uses SSNs for record checks on a regular basis. I don't agree with this policy unless you're going to do such checks over an MDT or a secure channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.