Jacksonville Fire-Rescue audio feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
All,

After streaming the Jacksonville Fire-Rescue Department feed for awhile now, I think it is time for someone else to deal with the maintenance and upkeep of said feed. My business and leisure travels keep me away from the house enough; recently, it seems the feed has had more downtime (or bad audio time) than uptime. With this announcement, my JFRD feed will be disabled on July 1st, 2010. Anyone willing to put up their own JFRD feed is quite welcome to do so. In fact, I'd be willing to sell them the scanner (PRO-96) and cables necessary to do so.

PM me if you are interested in keeping the JFRD feed going (at your house)....all you need is a digital trunking scanner and an line-in connection. RadioReference guys make the process extremely easy to setup and run. If someone wants to run the feed tomorrow, I can pull my feed off sooner than July 1st.

I'll post the PRO-96 for sale in the classified section after July 1st.

Enjoy the hobby,

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I know the feeling. I had the City St Aug St Johns County feeds awhile back kept having problem keeping it online. Do you remember on here where Jax FD might go ENC? I saw something a few weeks ago can't find it.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
That's the rumor. When they switch to the true P25 system, they'll likely encrypt the whole thing. Most P25 radios come (at a decent enough price) as encrypt-capable.

No sources, just guessing based on JSO & JFRD EMS-to-hospital encryption. Wouldn't be much more to encrypt the whole JFRD A & B flights.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The other day they were on a gas leak I couldn't pick up the Bravo Channels. I can hear them in St Augustine.

PeteSmith

KG4OJJ,

I just started listening recently and I wanted to thank you for putting Jax Fire and Rescue on. I am home often due to health problems & this has been an interesting pass time for someone not really into tv that much. I hope someone will take on this project. Thank you again for your time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.