Jacksonville, FL Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucedicks

I am sorry to ask this, I think that Jax. EMS has 800 that is not able to be scan, but if that is true, how can I hear them on Scan Live here? If you can scan them, I have check the Freq. Database for Jax. and am not sure what freq. they are using.

Could you please add the freq. in a responds.

Thank You very much.
Bruce

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Listen on my feed (see address below signature).

You can listen to JFRD dispatch on 460.575, but you'll miss alot unless you listen via the 800 Mhz trunked system or online. This will cover emergency rescue/EMS dispatch, although there are a few private ambulance services in the city (e.g., Liberty).

dorough

Listen on my feed (see address below signature).

You can listen to JFRD dispatch on 460.575, but you'll miss alot unless you listen via the 800 Mhz trunked system or online. This will cover emergency rescue/EMS dispatch, although there are a few private ambulance services in the city (e.g., Liberty).

What about JSO? What would I need to be able to listen to them?

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
In short, you'd need a JSO radio.....all of their talkgroups are encrypted.

However, you can hear 'delayed' calls of major significance on the EARS network (155.850).......usually, these are well after the fact and consist of 1-way broadcasts, such as "homicide is responding to xxxx Street," etc.

This is why I stream JFRD....

kb32

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Isn't Jacksonville on a trunked system? You would have to have the radio added to the system by the techs.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)
You would have to have the radio added to the system by the techs.

No, the radio ID would have to be added for transmitting privileges depending on how the system is set up... but with the right radio and software you can program a trunked system and no one would know unless you transmitted.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
BUT, since SO is encrypted, said programmer would have to have access to the encryption key.

kb32

I have tried to program a TRS before and it requires a system key.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Interesting, I wonder how my friend or the programmer was able to get it. Not for Jacksonville, but he has access to encrypted talk groups on another system in Tampa Bay.

What does the key consist of? Is it something that can be guessed by trial and error?

Last edited:

grem467

So basically you make a post that states your intent to program a radio illegally on their system, and possibly try to circumvent their encryption... oh and you put your FULL name and employer in your post? Hopefully their system admins wont see your radio affilate and put 2 and 2 together.

FYI any motorola radio will need a system key from jax for their system, and your XTS5000 radio will want to affiliate.. so now you have illegally accessed their network (read that as "computer tresspassing".. there are several instances of people going to jail for that and that was what they were charged with)

oh and guess the key? nope.. if they are running DES, its 56 bits, if AES, its 256... not gonna happen...

this is why we advise to buy a scanner.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Nowhere in my posts I said I have the intention of programming a radio. I do not possess the knowledge, equipment or funds. I simply stated I know someone who can. Read carefully.

Last edited:

Luis_R

Nowhere in my posts I said I have the intention of programming a radio.

No, you did not. But your post could lead people to believe that you have or did do it for your area.

I do not possess the knowledge, equipment or funds.

As many people don't!

I simply stated I know someone who can.

And why would you do this?? What do you benefit from this?

Read carefully.

More like, post carefully, on your part. Posts like yours are partially the reason for LEA's going encrypted. You would think someone who claims he was a dispatcher would understand this.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
No, you did not. But your post could lead people to believe that you have or did do it for your area.
You missed the part where I said "I wonder how my friend..." Just because I know a little about radios and know someone who has them doesn't mean I program them. I even learned a few things from others in this thread so maybe they program radios too?

As many people don't!
Thanks for agreeing with me.

And why would you do this?? What do you benefit from this?
There's no benefit to correcting the statement that a radio must be added by system techs. Does there have to be a benefit for sharing what I know?

More like, post carefully, on your part. Posts like yours are partially the reason for LEA's going encrypted. You would think someone who claims he was a dispatcher would understand this.
I beg to differ. They are more concerned with scanners and feeds which are easier methods of listening to them. Nice try.

So basically you make a post that states your intent to program a radio illegally on their system, and possibly try to circumvent their encryption... oh and you put your FULL name and employer in your post? Hopefully their system admins wont see your radio affilate and put 2 and 2 together.

FYI any motorola radio will need a system key from jax for their system, and your XTS5000 radio will want to affiliate.. so now you have illegally accessed their network (read that as "computer tresspassing".. there are several instances of people going to jail for that and that was what they were charged with)

oh and guess the key? nope.. if they are running DES, its 56 bits, if AES, its 256... not gonna happen...

It is not against the law to own a radio that is programmed to a trunk system, that is if the radio is not capable of transmitting. All you need is the software and i might add it`s very easy to do. Now if you are trying to receive encrypted transmissions or trying to key up with the radio, well that`s where you will get into **** at. If somebody is capable of monitoring encryption on a trunk system with a bootleg radio, then obviously they got friends in the right places. (The Radio Shop)

One more thing Germ! Who the heck is we? You sound like a Moto tech that shoves bs up public safety cornholes everyday about your great secure systems. Come you dont need a freaking system key to monitor a trunking system that is in the clear. I`m calling you out on this one buddy. All you need buddy is a radio, Moto software and a cable from your radio to the computer.

Luis_R

You missed the part where I said "I wonder how my friend...

Not at all. You obviously did not interpret the post correctly. Hint - " But your post "could" lead people to believe"

I beg to differ.

That's your choice, but you're neglecting the facts.

They are more concerned with scanners and feeds which are easier methods of listening to them.

Scanners are a problem in vehicles. The feeds are a serious problem and a big reason for LEA's dislike to sites like this.

Nice try.

So you're saying LEA's would condone or have no problems with these statements -

Interesting, I wonder how my friend or the programmer was able to get it. Not for Jacksonville, but he has access to encrypted talk groups on another system in Tampa Bay.

What does the key consist of? Is it something that can be guessed by trial and error?

No, the radio ID would have to be added for transmitting privileges depending on how the system is set up... but with the right radio and software you can program a trunked system and no one would know unless you transmitted.

"end quote"

It is not against the law to own a radio that is programmed to a trunk system, that is if the radio is not capable of transmitting.

But it is against the law to have it in your vehicle(s), have a system key, or have their TRS talkgroups, frequencies, in that said radio.

If somebody is capable of monitoring encryption on a trunk system with a bootleg radio, then obviously they got friends in the right places. (The Radio Shop)

Most radio shops wouldn't do that ( if they value their service agreement with the LEA's). Now a former employee of said radio shop might,but this is why you don't give access to just anybody of sensitive materials..

Status
Not open for further replies.