Jacksonville, Fl. Frequency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshot

Hi. My name is Jim Schoettler. I work for a newspaper in Jacksonville, Fl. I LOVE your site. I have the frequency programmed into my handheld, somewhat ancient scanner that allows me to receive the initial fire/rescue calls for the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Dept. - 460.575 - but, for whatever reason, I can't get the reports from the field. As you can imagine, this drives me crazy when I'm out and about because I don't know the calls are working or not. Do you have those checkback frequencies?

Thanks for all you do.

Jim (jim.schoettler@jacksonville.com)

rmiller818

Looking at the database, there is a note that only the dispatch is simulcasted on that frequency. Possibly for people with pagers or for the stations, I don't know, don't live or work there myself.

Everything else they use the trunking system for.

If you want to monitor them you would need a digital trunking scanner.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
I stream JFRD traffic via RadioReference.....if you have a smartphone, maybe you could listen that way?

EMS traffic (to hospitals) is encrypted, so I can't stream it or JSO. I do have the Bravo (fireground) talkgroups on the stream.

If not, the only thing you'll hear on the UHF is simulcasted dispatch and an occasional rebroadcast of talkgroup A-2 traffic (which isn't all that...).

Status
Not open for further replies.