robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

J20

Thanks but that doesn’t help he must have his own company channel

dwc

Database Admin
Thanks but that doesn’t help he must have his own company channel

If you even bothered to TAFL search his name, company name or address, you would see that he has ZERO licenses.

Have another read of the threads robertmac posted that you quickly dismissed. They provide some hints on where to look.

dwc

Database Admin
Well if you think there are other frequencies, try parking outside their yard with a frequency counter... :p

J20

And for the record I have seen his radios and the display says JDT-1 so someone has programmed something for him

mciupa

Database Admin
Let us know what you find.

Last edited:

BC_Scan

We have all seen this brian, for all we now it is one of the LADs with a ctcss/dcs tone for privacy, seeing as he does not have a license that we know of , radio shops will put in the lads with privacy and tell them its their exclusive. ( I know I have done this myself) so as Geoff says sit outside of their lot and try to capture the fx, that is what the good detectives do.
For sure he is on Highways when required , and the LADs when elsewhere.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You might also search the "TAFL" (Spectrum Management) for whatever company produces the TV show. There's a chance he's using their license. I don't mean Discovery, I mean whatever production company Discovery gets to make the show. Check the end of the credits.

Doesn't his brother run a company too? Maybe check for that company name.

Besides those attempts, probably hanging out with a frequency counter or Close Call is probably the best choice. As has been said it's not outside the realm of possibility it's either a renamed LAD channel or even a radio shop's rent/lease freqs. There are plenty of businesses out there running under the license of Joe's Radio Shop etc. Could also be licensed as a numbered company which may make it hard to pin down as well (unless you know what his incorporation number is).

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think his brother owns Aggressive Towing which has a bunch of hits in TAFL.

ipfd320

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Can confirm 100% that they use the Aggressive towing channel. It's a repeater and has ridiculously good coverage. On the show, the chatter you hear from other truckers is LAD-1, but the Jamie trucks are on their own frequency. IRC it's 163.something, but TAFL is accurate. This is from last year but I can't imagine they have gone anywhere. They use the repeater output for simplex on-scene stuff like traffic direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.