Janesville, WI - Initial testing for Rock County's new LMR completed ahead of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator

jfpolacko

Premium Subscriber
JANESVILLE, Wis. — Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) has completed ahead of schedule an important milestone in building Rock County, Wisconsin's, first interoperable communications system. The successful System Acceptance Test, conducted with General Communications, is the initial step in creating this critical emergency network.

Initial testing for Wisconsin county's new land mobile radio system completed ahead of schedule | SYS-CON MEDIA

Well i knew it was gonna happen sometime soon... They have been talking about it since last year... They are talking about getting it all going by fall... I just don't know why they don't hop on Wiscom...

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Well i knew it was gonna happen sometime soon... They have been talking about it since last year... They are talking about getting it all going by fall... I just don't know why they don't hop on Wiscom...

Yeah, guess it`s gotta happen sometime. Just curious, but is this new system gonna be streight P25 or something like what MKE (Milwaukee) has? We can hope it`s the former and not the latter, for their sake :). N9NRA

jfpolacko

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, guess it`s gotta happen sometime. Just curious, but is this new system gonna be streight P25 or something like what MKE (Milwaukee) has? We can hope it`s the former and not the latter, for their sake :). N9NRA

From what I've heard they are gonna use they're current frequencies and convert them as P25 but that's still questionable cause they haven't said much as to if its gonna be trucked or not but my guess is that they are gonna stick with they're current frequencies cause they aren't releasing much info on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.