JAX Fire on a XTS 5000 - to flash or not to flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcomm

Hi, I have a JAX FD codeplug for an XTS5000 which I am going to put into a used radio for monitoring only--yes, I have the software. The radio is coming from a friend out of state and is a FPP. My question is, do I have to flash the radio first to make it for a Type II Smartzone ?

Thanks,
S.
KI4GGU

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
The radio must have certain flashcode options enabled to support P-25 phase I trunking systems, which is what Jacksonville fire uses. Do you know the current flashcode and model # of the radio?

You might want to join austech.info and check out their communications forum, they have a lot of detailed posts about this subject. You should do a search for "NAS" or non-affiliate scanning.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
FPP in an 800 MHz radio? Type II when it's a P25 system? Starting out 0 for 2. This is why people shouldn't mess with these radios or certain software when they don't know what they are doing. 🤦🏼‍♂️
yeah but I'll bet the radio support team down there is got GW/ZW up and waiting for the bogus affiliations to start rolling in so they can go into PRNM suite>RCM>commands>selective/passive inhibit and wait for the "my XTS5000 turns on then off" thread to appear here

CanesFan95

The radio must have certain flashcode options enabled to support P-25 phase I trunking systems, which is what Jacksonville fire uses. Do you know the current flashcode and model # of the radio?

You might want to join austech.info and check out their communications forum, they have a lot of detailed posts about this subject. You should do a search for "NAS" or non-affiliate scanning.

Mentioning austech on these forums seems to be not allowed on here.......

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
This thread is locked as it's more germane to programming questions than anything specifically related to Florida.

I will remind @emcomm that people have been prosecuted in the past (in Florida) for programming illicit radios onto radio systems (Orange and Seminole counties) - so I would tread very lightly.

Jax PD is 100% encrypted. if you just want to listen to Jax Fire/Ems --- buy a scanner.

doug

Status
Not open for further replies.