Jay... I'm confuzled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo1

Jay,

I got my 996T and I LOVE IT! It's amazing but I must admit, it has me frustrated.

I can't seem to get CPS to come in properly through my programming. I am using the BuTEL ARC996T software to program.

Here is the problem,

I have all the trunk frequencies in, everything on the CFD and EMS side is working great and coming through loud and clear, but on the CPS side, I get a lot of "buzz saw's" when CPS "cues" the mic for transmission's... I currently have the "site" set for 800Mhz Type 2 Conventional and I think that's where the problem is, but when I put it to exclusive APCO25, I get nothing from any department.

Is this normal or do I have things screwed up in a big way?

Thanks! Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Bravo1

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I just got my 996 the other day myself.

Don't put your site to APCO25. Calgary is 800mhz Type2. APCO25 is reserved for systems that have no analog on them at all.

Where are you monitoring from? I'm out west of the city most of the time, and before the 996, I would get the machine-gunning a lot, if the 396/etc was working off a tower other than the one closest to me. With the 996, I experienced machine-gunning the first day, when I had the GPS settings much larger than they needed to be. The two small sites Forest Lawn and Airport need to have much smaller radii - one of my big problems with the machine-gunning sound was that I was picking up Forest Lawn while I was in Westhills. I haven't spent a lot of time using it with the modified settings yet, but I have noticed that the CPS reception is tremendously better than the other radios I've had.

I have been using UASD, not the BuTel software, but if you want to exchange data, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You might change the APCO25 decoder settings, that helped a lot for me with Ohio's mixed P25/analog system...

Bravo1

Jay,

I'm in Evergreen and have it set to the Fish Creek tower.

Last night, I went and removed all EMS and Fire ID's in hopes that I could get rid of the "machine guns" off the air, but no luck.

I am going to attempt another tower just to see what happens, but any other suggestions would be awesome...

In regards to the APCO25 Decoding adjustment, I'll give that a shot as well.

Thanks again!

Bravo1

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Also make sure that your Audio Type is set to digital on the digital talkgroups. That seems to remove a lot of noise at the beginning and end of each digital transmission.

Bravo1

It was seriously that obvious?

Wow, it worked, just moved it to Digital Audio Type and all "Machine Gun" noise was removed!

Thanks Mike & Jay, coming in nice and clear now, although the APCO25 audio is realllllly low...

Bravo1

Status
Not open for further replies.