JC Penny Shared Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

We been doing alot of mall shopping lately and for me waiting outside while she goes into shop is not boring with all the activity going on with those XLS store radios. Recent one have not listened to in awhile is JC Penny, originally they were using a unlicensed frequency in Allentown, Pennsylvania after realizing they were on a new frequency found 467.225 in use DPL365 and found the rest of the system licensed amazingly.. Being a radio programmer on the side realized these frequencies this being primary and 466.9625 being used when they opened up where active. Also noticed a IDENTIFIER come across all frequencies as well but the system is not repeater just talk about.

This may have been discussed already and if not the correct forum please move my topic but how are they generating the identifier on the system if they are talk about only? The system sounds clear and can hear it around the mall, Just curious what they were using and why all the new licenses recently.
Thanks in advance
Steve

ecps92

Can you clarify what you mean by "generating the identifier" is this a morse-code ID of the Call Sign
or an automated voice ?? like what Home Depot and others do when "Service is needed in Aisle..."

Keep in mind, many of these LARGE stores, license on a nationwide basis, and may not have a LOCAL listed frequency

We been doing alot of mall shopping lately and for me waiting outside while she goes into shop is not boring with all the activity going on with those XLS store radios. Recent one have not listened to in awhile is JC Penny, originally they were using a unlicensed frequency in Allentown, Pennsylvania after realizing they were on a new frequency found 467.225 in use DPL365 and found the rest of the system licensed amazingly.. Being a radio programmer on the side realized these frequencies this being primary and 466.9625 being used when they opened up where active. Also noticed a IDENTIFIER come across all frequencies as well but the system is not repeater just talk about.

This may have been discussed already and if not the correct forum please move my topic but how are they generating the identifier on the system if they are talk about only? The system sounds clear and can hear it around the mall, Just curious what they were using and why all the new licenses recently.
Thanks in advance
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.