JCFD 2 tone List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alky1234

Ø
Feed Provider
While you could decode all the tones, the list isn't on the wiki and is closely guarded by Emergency Services. No good reason for it to be published.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A long time ago, a mischievous person obtained the tone list and programmed a portable radio to do tone alerting. Then the person would travel around the county dispatching firefighters to various imaginary emergencies. In other words, a new way of calling in false alarms.

With a lot of hard work by the radio shop folks, the miscreant was discovered and hauled in front of the judge. Can't remember what the penalty was, but it was pretty hefty.

So the list, as noted above, is not available.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
A long time ago, a mischievous person obtained the tone list and programmed a portable radio to do tone alerting. Then the person would travel around the county dispatching firefighters to various imaginary emergencies. In other words, a new way of calling in false alarms.

I think felonious would be a better word than mischievous!

That being said, there are programs out there which will identify the tone frequencies for you, but you're on your own when it comes to identifying the purpose of each set of tones.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I was able to find a program to decode tones for my local units in the Middletown area thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.