JCPL 900 Trunked System

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
does anyone know if the JCPL 900 system is still on the air i have not heard the CC in a very long here at the house (High Point Area) and the other week i had my 396XT on me didnt hear any of the other sites aswell im gonna guess they use LTE PTT now or something maybe

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
The system is alive and well. Unlike PSE&G 900 System, this system does not have a lot of voice traffic.

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
The system is alive and well. Unlike PSE&G 900 System, this system does not have a lot of voice traffic.
yeah you're not kidding when JCPL was on there Type II system it was may more active but that was also before cell phones were used more and was also nice when it was on the Type II system you heard everything where i live i lose power alot and im in part of the county (Sussex) thats always last to get turned on

GM

Premium Subscriber
Most of the information that used to be passed through voice channels now goes through MDT and cellular phones. I have JCP&L (First Energy) P25 system programmed in my scanner and scan it on a regular basis in the Central NJ area. First, I can tell you that there is not much voice traffic on this system at all. Second, most of the sites are low powered, so getting a signal is not always attainable.