Jcsd "star 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanrfan

Have heard on several occasions on the Center Point Channel (Ch1) the call "STAR 2". It is a helicopter unit that is based at the Bessemer airport. The times I've heard it are at night between about 9:00 and 10:00 P.M. Suspect there is a "STAR 1" but don't know for sure or what Channel the are usually on. If anyone knows would like the information. The UID for "STAR 2" is i42161.

medic9351301

Banned
star 1 and star 2 are both based out of the bessemer airport.

they usually use the patrol channels and tac channels

star 1 might be down for maint or a reserve bird i know when we had ours at the the tv staion after a cert. numer of hours the motor had to be broken down per faa rules

check ur id i dont see that id listed

scanrfan

Star 2

Have only heard them 2 or 3 times on the Center Point Channel. Haven't heard them on any other channel (Bessemer or Fultondale or the Tac Channels). Have heard them flying around out here in Center Point on several occasions, one on a night that the management of my apartment was trying to get all the residents of my section of the complex to move their cars so the parking lot could be repaved. They flew around the area for a while and I guess they were watching the "circus" on the ground. lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.